what does kdawg have?

not a big deal, but runner gutshot draws are .5 outs, not 1.5 outs each. so even with QJ, he has a total of maybe 2.5 outs. i really don't think he'd have QJ unless they were diamonds.aseem

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess would be pocket 7s or 6s.Calling with this form the small blind is possible.Took one of on the flop in case of diamond draws. Saw weakness on the turn and bet the river. J9 is of course very possible too, maybe he would have raised the flop with the small pocket pair.

Instead of just throwing hands out there, I want people to give out thought processes for why I have that hand. If I have x hand why did I just call, why didn't I fold, why didn't I raise. ya know. Oh yeah to the guy who said I had AA, there is no way in fucking hell I'm not three beting that PF even with the field. I'm not dumb enough to get cute there with a powerful holding like AA or KK or AKs, so I definetly don't have those three hands. I do remember what I had. I really want people to think it out though and write out why they think I have a certain hand

i gotta go with aj....with just a call preflop and on that flop makes me think his holding is pretty strong, but just a dangerous board....at first i thought a9 but he prob would have raised the flop with that hand.....if he only held and ace when the board paired the 9 i think he would have check called the river.....i gotta asume the hand that he had the best chance of haveing is aj

ok, here is the thought process. this assumes that kdawg played the hand CORRECTLY. :DKDawg posts small blind [$1]. gra6880 posts big blind [$3].Pre-flop: 1 fold, UTG+1 raises, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, KDawg calls, 1 fold.ok, he called here. he obviously doesn't have 10-10 through A-A, as those are three-betting hands. since the pot is multiway, you can flat-call with suited broadways less than AQs (not sure if he raises AQs, i would think he does), and small pocket pairs. i'm not sure if he calls with Axs or suited connectors here (i wouldn't, and i don't think it's correct to as they really can't afford two bets pre-flop even multiway), but if he does, those are possible.Flop: A :) 9 :D 5 :) (4 players, 9 SB)KDawg checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, CO calls, KDawg calls.note that the flop is two-suited and slightly coordinated (the 5-9 and the A-5 give straight draw possibilities). this means that he would NOT slowplay a strong hand like top two, a set, etc., so we can rule out 55/AA and A9s and A5s. if he had top pair, he also wouldn't slowplay it (he would most bet out hoping UTG+1 raises so that he can protect his hand, or checkraise at the very least). so we rule out AQs - ATs.when he flat calls, it's evident he's on a draw, as he would protect any made hand here. the only likely draw is the flush draw, unless he plays suited connectors (which i doubt) and is calling a gutshot with 76s/87s/etc. getting 11-to-1 plus implied odds. most likely hand here is a diamond draw, i think. i also don't think he would checkraise here since he's out of position (no free card play) and he doesn't have a strong equity edge (only two opponents in the hand when it gets back to him).Turn: 9 :) (3 players, 6 BB)KDawg checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks.this either screams check-raise or check-call. i can't put him on a single hand that he would call the flop with the intention of check-folding the turn unimproved. he wouldn't stay in with a pocket pair here. however, if he stayed with a hand like T9s or J9s (though that would have been wrong since he shouldn't have called pre-flop and he should have protected his hand on the flop to clean up his outs rather than play it passively), a checkraise might be possible. i really doubt it though. i still think it was a check-call with a flush draw.River: J :) (3 players, 6 BB)KDawg bets, UTG+1 folds, CO folds.either the jack hit him, or he missed a checkraise on the turn, or he's bluffing. would he really bluff into two opponents (one who showed strength pre-flop and probably won't fold to a bet on the river even with KQ maybe) in this small pot? yeah, right. so if he missed a checkraise on the turn with T9s or something, then he played the hand badly. but thinking that he's a good player who knows what he's doing, i think the jack hit him. what hands would he stay in with on the flop that had a jack? K :) J :) and Q :) J :club: and possibly J :D T :) are the ones that i'm thinking.if i had to bet, it would be K :) J :) .aseem

Wow, there are some real thinkers on this forum.

I'll throw out that he had AA.
This is my candidate for worst guess.Yeah, KDawg doesn't 3-bet AA.
if i had to bet, it would be K J .
Slightly better guess, but still obviously incorrect. KDawg is either C/R or leading out on this flop with the nut flush draw and 3 other players.
QJ (not diamonds but suited)
I think QJs is within the range of hands KDawg might have here PF, but his flop play eliminates it as a possibility. If he has QJs (non diamonds) it's an incredibly easy fold on the flop.
My guess would be pocket 7s or 6s.
Not two cold pre-flop from that position. Would be an easy fold.
How about 55 folks
KDawg might take that personally.
JJ
are we just randomly guessing without thinking about it now?----------------------------My initial thoughts were that KDawg held J9s here. He is getting 4 to 1 on his call PF and J9s is a hand that strong players like to see flop with.Also if he has this hand, he is getting a piece of it on the flop and getting 11 to 1 on his flop call. Easy call on the flop.He makes his hand on the turn and goes for the C/R and misses. The C/R attempt here would be obvious considering he has shown no aggression whatsoever in the hand.Then he fill up and leads the river.[Note: Q9s might not be out of the question here either, but I really doubt it. J9s is more likely]wrto suggested AJ immediately, which is another consideration here. the c/c-c/c-b/f line makes sense with AJ in this spot, so this is a very likely hand for KDawg to have.also, Axs makes sense. his c/c on the flop is obvious with the paired ace and the odds he is getting, but he doesn't want to lead out or get raised here by a bigger ace. The turn gets checked so he leads the river figuring he is ahead.There you goJ9s, AJ, or Axs

absolute,the problem i see with all three of those hands is his flop play.with J9s/Axs and even AJ, wouldn't you want to protect your hand or at least checkraise the flop for value?he just played the flop passively, and i don't think it would be correct to just check-call there with either middle pair, top pair weak kicker, or top two pair. you either protect your hand and clean up outs, or you checkraise for value, or you fold. only a flush draw would call there (would he really checkraise KJs there?).aseem

absolute,the problem i see with all three of those hands is his flop play.with J9s/Axs and even AJ, wouldn't you want to protect your hand or at least checkraise the flop for value?he just played the flop passively, and i don't think it would be correct to just check-call there with either middle pair, top pair weak kicker, or top two pair. you either protect your hand and clean up outs, or you checkraise for value, or you fold. only a flush draw would call there (would he really checkraise KJs there?).aseem
without a doubt he would c/r KJs there.

Checking and calling is fine. This is a wa/wb situation if he has Ax.Actually all he can have is like I said before, (something like) Q9s or Ax. There are more combos of Ax than there are of 9x since there are 2 already on the board so I go with Ax.

If he had AJ or Ax he played the flop perfectly.the c/c-c/c-b/f line works best here.you get the most out of KK or QQ and lose the least to a better ace.why doesnt that make sense?
How about 55 folks
why on earth would I call a flop bet by the PF raiser w/o having a set of fives there? please give the logic of that. would I make the call F with 55, yup. would I make the flop call with 55, definetly not

oops noticed that a 5 was the bottom card in which I'd have bottom set. d'oh. If any of you think I'm playing a set that passively then y'all have obviously never read any of my posts where I've had a set on a draw heavy board, or you guys are just choosing to forget

KDawg i think they think you arent very good!hahahahahahahaha
hmmm sounds familiar. :club:
funny jokesnow you just got to get them to sit with you
yeah, I must really suck. I've only turned my BR from $550 to 3200 in the past seven weeks