what does kdawg have?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KJd is possible, but I don't like the bet on the end in that case, because I think you only get called by better hands. Ditto QJd, JTd, etc. Plus I think he check-raises a strong diamond draw on the flop.Would he call preflop with a hand like Ax suited and then check-call the flop? Maybe, but I doubt it. (But wrto will know better than I do, so if I had to put money on it I'd go with A7 spades).But since I don't, I think it's a 9 and a failed check-raise attempt on the turn. 9T, 9Js, maybe 98s. (Possibly even A9, but I doubt it.)

I'll take a stab for the heck of it. At first I thought the KJ flush draw as well, but having never read much of KDawg's hands I was wondering why he didn't raise as well, so I agree it's not KJ :D orQJ :D I do think J9 :) T9 :club: TJ :D are possible holdings though as he probably call with middle suited connectors from the SB with 3 others in preflop. Again we don't have any reads on the other players as well. I'd rule out the hands with 9 on the turn as I believe he would have bet out instead of risking the checkraise, but again no reads.Axs is possible as well as AJ, but somehow I don't know if he'd call AJ for a raise from the SB. Or if he'd call the bet on the flop with an early position raiser betting it.I also don't know if he'd bluff at the pot with Ax or AQs as he could just check/callSo I think it was TJs, called on the flush draw and bet out when the J hit.

with J9s/Axs and even AJ, wouldn't you want to protect your hand or at least checkraise the flop for value?
But his hand probably isn't best right there. He has odds to call, but not a strong enough hand to protect. If he bets out and gets raised by the pre-flop raiser, then sure he might get the draws to fold. but now he's not getting good odds to call with an Ace with a bad kicker or middle pair. Plus, if he leads out, and it gets 3-bet back to him he wasted a bet by leading out. If he checks and it gets bet then raised, he would know he's way behind and can fold without wasting a bet. Also, as absolute said (which I didn't think of) is that you'll get the most out of KK or QQ that way.

It looks to me like a flush draw. I'm guessing KQ or KJ of diamonds. I don't necessarily think he hit the river, but could've just tried to steal the pot after the turn was checked through.I don't play much limit, though, so I might be completely off. If it's unreasonable to think you could normally bluff that river due to the odds, I'd go with KJ, although I would think showing down as cheaply as possible would be your best bet and thus a river bet wouldn't be profitable.Peace,Jay

Did we ever get to find out the answer to this post (in this post or in another race report)? :?
yes, I posted what I had, under that title

I haven't done a race report this week, I've been in a bad mood cause I'm in the middle of a near 100 BB downswing. The title is What I had