• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Going back to being a 40G guy is turning things around, no? It's even fine if he's flat in the +/- department... but only if he upgrades their PP.

I would think the PP being upgraded is a lock. But I think if he hurts to team 5 on 5 which he did last year with the Leafs then it's not a good move

If I was Phil I sue his ass. Unless he does it a hotdog everyday at 2:30.

Kessel off to Pitts

Seguin off to Dallas

Hamilton off to Calgary

Burke and Chiarelli fired.

Rip Kessel trade the original

Calgary and Dallas win the trade.

Some might argue since Boston won a cup and Leafs only had 7 playoff games with Phil it was Boston.

Some might argue since Boston won a cup and Leafs only had 7 playoff games with Phil it was Boston.

Did any of the assets they acquired in that trade help win the Cup?

You need to consider the cap space they kept by not signing Kessel though...

This is a good point

Simmons and Zach have me blocked for about 5 years each

I found out yesterday that Aaron Ward blocked me. I guess it was from the comment I made to him about Iginla going to Boston and he was correct but a year latter.

You need to consider the cap space they kept by not signing Kessel though...

True, but it was a legitimate question. I don't remember if Seguin played a prominent role back then or not.

True, but it was a legitimate question. I don't remember if Seguin played a prominent role back then or not.

The Bruins won the Stanley Cup in 2011 with Seguin as a bit part who was scratched at times during the playoff run. Two years later, he was their third-leading scorer in the lockout-shortened 2013 season. That was his first on a US$34.5-million, six-year deal.

Did any of the assets they acquired in that trade help win the Cup?

I dont think you can ever really answer that question. There are so many variables that go into it.

Small or big, I would guess nearly everyone on that roster played a part in somehow winning the Cup. Any change, good or bad in our perceptions, could have had an effect that took away from the Cup win.

For all we know, shipping out Kessel to TO was the thing that brought that team together. Probably not, but you never know.

Boston won the Cup. The moves they had won them a Cup. Thats all there is to it in my opinion

I dont think you can ever really answer that question. There are so many variables that go into it.

Small or big, I would guess nearly everyone on that roster played a part in somehow winning the Cup. Any change, good or bad in our perceptions, could have had an effect that took away from the Cup win.

For all we know, shipping out Kessel to TO was the thing that brought that team together. Probably not, but you never know.

Boston won the Cup. The moves they had won them a Cup. Thats all there is to it in my opinion

I don't necessarily disagree, as the ultimate goal is to win the cup. What if they don't trade Kessel and maybe they win 3 cups. Not saying that's the case but just an argument.

It's like when people defend M A Fleury and say he won a cup so he is a great goalie. Well maybe if they didn't have him they should of won 3-4 cups with that roster ( just an example, not trying to put down MAF)

I don't necessarily disagree, as the ultimate goal is to win the cup. What if they don't trade Kessel and maybe they win 3 cups. Not saying that's the case but just an argument.

It's like when people defend M A Fleury and say he won a cup so he is a great goalie. Well maybe if they didn't have him they should of won 3-4 cups with that roster ( just an example, not trying to put down MAF)

i dont disagree.

thats why all you can do (IMO) is just give credit to those that won, whether its player or GM or coach.

anything else is just everyones best guess.

Just thinking out loud. The whole lets go and grab London Knights because Hunter knows them and the system. Is this a good thing?

We have made several picks, signings and trades because of this connection recently. I believe this is also why we will hold on to and sign Kadri for a long time.

Just thinking out loud. The whole lets go and grab London Knights because Hunter knows them and the system. Is this a good thing?

We have made several picks, signings and trades because of this connection recently. I believe this is also why we will hold on to and sign Kadri for a long time.

Given the underhanded way London stocks up on a lot of good players it seems to be a bit of a self-fufilling prophecy.

i dont disagree.

thats why all you can do (IMO) is just give credit to those that won, whether its player or GM or coach.

anything else is just everyones best guess.

But not Chris Osgood because he had that "great" team in front if him?

But not Chris Osgood because he had that "great" team in front if him?

I swear to god, I saw you had posted, and I knew exactly what you were going to say.

Yes, everyone except Chris Osgood.

.......btw, I give him credit for winning Cups, but wasnt our argument about Hall of Fame? Is Oduya now a HOF defenceman? :)

• Like 1