45sng...how To Play This Hand

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t50/t1007 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t2850UTG+1: t3983MP1: t5700CO: t2010Button: t3037Hero: t6050BB: t1270Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with :D:club:4 folds, Button calls t100 (pot was t150), Hero raises to t400, BB folds, Button calls t300 (pot was t550).Flop: :D :D :D (t900, 2 players)?

yeah my first thought was about 500, if he calls, you're pretty much done with the hand unless a J or maybe A or Q, maybe, come out. Even though you can generally expect me to make a continuation bet when only 1 player has called my preflop raise, I don't think a check is THAT bad here (but don't quote me on that)

yeah my first thought was about 500, if he calls, you're pretty much done with the hand unless a J or maybe A or Q, maybe, come out. Even though you can generally expect me to make a continuation bet when only 1 player has called my preflop raise, I don't think a check is THAT bad here (but don't quote me on that)
I almost always C-bet, but there must be times when it is not correct, right?Here, you have a limper that cold calls a 3x raise...what would you be putting him on?J
I almost always C-bet, but there must be times when it is not correct, right?
I always c-bet heads up.
Here, you have a limper that cold calls a 3x raise...what would you be putting him on?
He could have all kinds of stuff. If he calls the bet, you have a tough decision on the turn...
He could have all kinds of stuff. If he calls the bet, you have a tough decision on the turn...
which is the trouble with making the c-bet...i am a firm believer that when you are out of position you should not generally be building a pot without a hand, mostly for the exact reason you stated...if he calls, you have a tough decision now as to whether to continue because you aren't really sure where he stands
which is the trouble with making the c-bet...i am a firm believer that when you are out of position you should not generally be building a pot without a hand, mostly for the exact reason you stated...if he calls, you have a tough decision now as to whether to continue because you aren't really sure where he stands
so do you check and what if he bets the flop, because most players afre going to bet after you check the flop?do you call, c/r, fold, then your still stuck with a decision on the turnIMO, Yes, def C-betKQ/KJ is all I see him flat calling preflop that beats youAK he reraises usually
so do you check and what if he bets the flop, because most players afre going to bet after you check the flop?do you call, c/r, fold, then your still stuck with a decision on the turnIMO, Yes, def C-betKQ/KJ is all I see him flat calling preflop that beats youAK he reraises usually
i just think this is a style difference...out of position, i just think it might be better to try to take off a free card and try to make the straight or a pair here...depending on how much he bets if he bets, i could call and take a card off, or foldalso, if you get to the turn after checking the flop you will not have to commit as much to a turn bluff, making it less risky
Check your results...in my database I win over 50% of the hands when I c-bet, which makes this play +eV, not even counting the times I subsequently win on the turn or river.

he has AQ in the small blind after everybody folds and the dealer limps, you wanna fold???? No way, if you wanted to just call the blind, I wouldn't look down on that, I sometimes will just call from the small blind or check from the big blind to disguise my hand if I flop an A or a Q, but you're getting 5-1 odds on calling when you almost certainl have the best hand!! If you are folding this preflop here, you are playing WAY too tight

I'm starting to like the idea of not playing this hand at all. You are oop in the stage of the tourney where I belive it is best to play tighter.
You have to play this hand - the question is whether to complete or raise. I lean towards completing since we are OOP.