My $ 1.20 45-man Win

Won my first 45-man today, thanks in large part to this hand. I'd like to know if this was a stupid risk or exactly the kind of chance I have to take in these to succeed.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB (t3525)BB (t7100)UTG (t6075)MP (t5295)CO (t3500)Hero (t5305)Preflop: Hero is Button with Kspade.gif, Aheart.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to t1200, SB calls t900, BB calls t600.Flop: (t2950) 6heart.gif, Jheart.gif, Qheart.gif(3 players)SB bets t2275 (All-In), BB raises to t4550, Hero calls t4055 (All-In).Turn: (t13830) 3spade.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)River: (t13830) 2heart.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: t13335

With your M less than 5, I'd suggest pushing pre-flop.As played, a clear call on the flop. You are drawing to the nuts, and unless one of the Villains has a made flush or staright, your A and K out play work too.Did the converter screw up? The pot on the flop should have been 4,050...And congrats on the win!!

Could you go though your reasoning for just minraising with the AK on the button in that spot?Were you trying to entice a shove from the BB?As played post flop,Grats on the win.

Could you go though your reasoning for just minraising with the AK on the button in that spot?Were you trying to entice a shove from the BB?
In a nutshell? I hate AK with a passion, it's been killing me lately. But there were a few other factors:1) I had just recently built my stack from about 1000 chips and that gave me an inflated sense of the value of my stack2) Because I hate AK, I wanted to give myself a chance to see a flop but have an escape route if I whiffed3) With the stacks the way they were and blinds at 300/600, a minraise to 1200 is enough to force weak hands to fold while still getting action from worse hands like AJ, KQ, etc.This was the turning point hand but there was one other big hand when I knocked out the other large stack - that hand gave me a commanding chip lead. Here it is:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP (t6280)Button (t3730)Hero (t27805)BB (t18568)UTG (t11117)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aclub.gif, Aheart.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to t2400, BB calls t1200.Flop: (t3900) Theart.gif, 7club.gif, 8heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets t1200, BB raises to t3600, Hero calls t2400.Turn: (t11100) 2spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets t4800, Hero raises to t21730, BB calls t7693 (All-In).River: (t45323) 5diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t36086Anyone want to guess what BB was playing?

First hand: I'm clueless about that min-raise, but you gave some ample explanation for that play, so I don't necessarily disagree with it. Definitely a call on that flop, like monix said, if you assume the Ace and King are outs as well, that bumps you up to 15 outs twice, which makes you a favorite in the hand. Even if one of your two cards is dead, 12 outs twice still makes you a coin flip, with a lot of dead money in the pot. Gratz on the win. I still remember my first (and sadly, only) 45 man win (I finish second-third a lot). It's a great feeling to jump directly to the cashier and see an immediate difference in your bankroll.Second hand: I put the villain on AJ, just for fun. Honorable mention goes out to K8 suited.

The call after the flop is completely correct, but im not a fan fo the preflop raise. The general rule is, with less than 10 big blinds left in either you or your opponents stack, you should just shove preflop. I say all-in preflop, be happy with taking the blinds, but if you get called, you'r probably not in bad shape. Like I said though, easy call after flop

2nd hand, first off, a lot of the players in the 1.20 games r crazy with their all-ins but ill say something like either a pair of Ts or a pair of 7s with a flush draw, something like K7 of hearts.I'm not a big fan of the min-raises preflop. But if that's what you've been doing throughout the final table then it's correcct to do it even with aces. The flop was a very bad one for you and I would have definately bet more to put the draws to the test. The min bet invites a semibluff raise on a draw. So he raises you (far too small of a raise) and now you hav a decision to make. I hate to just call and let him take another card. I think the best move is to put him in. If you just call it will be very difficult for you to get away from the hand when your beat. He can say, bet half his stack on the turn and you will be priced in. Conversly, it will be very easy for him to get away if he misses his draw. I say, move it in on the flop.

Stop minraising....Definate call in the first hand.Second hand, raise it 2.5 or 3x. Taking the blinds is fine here, and pricing him in with T8 is bad. :club:

The minraises are a combination of two things: 1) laziness; and 2) at these blind levels minraises are often enough to accomplish the same goal as a larger raise.In the second hand my postflop play was probably a bit of fancy play syndrome, I'll admit. For some reason (probably inflated confidence) I wasn't as afraid of the draw-heavy board as I should have been, so I led out with a bet designed to feign weakness. Once he raised me on the flop, however, I felt pretty confident that I was up against something like a pair rather than a draw (or even a set). So I checked the turn to feign weakness again, feeling pretty confident that he would be into me and then I could hit him with the check-raise.As it turned out, my read was half-correct: villain was playing T9o, for the TP+OESD.

First hand is an instacall. You have at least 12 outs twice, and up to 18, get it in there everytime, esp ITM of a SNG, thats when it's time to start gambling and go for the win. And as for the laziness of minraising, you can just click once on the space to right of the slider, and that will change it to a 3x raise, then click raise, and then you dont ever have to move your fat lazy fingers to the keyboard. sw I'm sure you have very lean attractive fingers.

sw I'm sure you have very lean attractive fingers.
Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do. Although my wife says my cuticles are a mess. And I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever typed the word "cuticles."
I'm a happily married, heterosexual man...
Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do. Although my wife says my cuticles are a mess. And I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever typed the word "cuticles."
Are you sure? :club: