• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

630f1x4.gifToo soon?
Not soon enough.I'd rather be dead than confined to a bed hooked up to hoses. My grandparents were confined to nursing homes, and it was the most depressing place, the most depressing end to dynamic lives, I've ever seen. Perhaps that has informed my opinion on the issue, but I'd rather be dead than trying to sqeeze a few more shtty years out of my body. Perhaps I'll feel different when that day comes closer, and oblivion is staring me in the face, but I doubt it.
Not soon enough.I'd rather be dead than confined to a bed hooked up to hoses. My grandparents were confined to nursing homes, and it was the most depressing place, the most depressing end to dynamic lives, I've ever seen. Perhaps that has informed my opinion on the issue, but I'd rather be dead than trying to sqeeze a few more shtty years out of my body. Perhaps I'll feel different when that day comes closer, and oblivion is staring me in the face, but I doubt it.
I worked in a Nursing home for a year. You are right but also wrong-- it was what people made of it. People who had happy, cheerful visitors, remained happy and cheerful. That simple. It can be sad, yes... but it can also be beautiful. The happiest people obviously were the ones that believed this in fact was not it, and they would see there loved ones again. You cannot put a price on that, whether you believe it is delusional or not.
I can see how some people are so miserable that no life is better than their life.
Oh, I certainly can imagine that is the case for some people, and I'm mostly speaking for myself, but I enjoy life, and even if I have to pee into a bag and be fed jello, I still say it's better than nothingness. Heck, it could even be half decent with proper care.
Oh, I certainly can imagine that is the case for some people, and I'm mostly speaking for myself, but I enjoy life, and even if I have to pee into a bag and be fed jello, I still say it's better than nothingness. Heck, it could even be half decent with proper care.
You could still do jello shots. That wouldn't be half bad.
I believe you can still die with dignity and not have the tubes and hoses. I think no matter what you think of Pope John Paul II and his personal/political views, the way the man died has to be seen as filled with dignity, he realized no matter what was happening he was dieing, but he decided to fight it in the natural way without common medical intervention, he wanted to die and experience death, but let nature take its course with the chance that he might survive. The problem of today is the fact that man can fight death upto a point, that makes us more machine than human. I believe suicide is the willful taking of one's life, not the same as pulling the plug, because there is always that chance when the plug is pulled life will still be there but for how long and for what quality is the real question. Also if you get sick and are hospitalized remember to sign your DNR form if you don't want what happened to your grandparents to happen to you.
You could still do jello shots. That wouldn't be half bad.
Could I do them of half naked 18 year olds? Because, if so, you really have to give me the address of that nursing home.
I'm with you, but some people are just miserable. Owen Wilson is rich, famous and can get all the trap he wants, and is still trying to kill himself. Clearly his God botched some sort of chemical wiring or something, and maybe he just can't be anything but miserable. It doesn't even mean you're crazy to be that way, I don't think, whatever "crazy" is. If life's still that shitty for you, even at the top, cashing out is probably best. I encourage anyone who's really unhappy and a drag/prick to be around to seriously consider it. Hell, it's the new celebrity fad.
I worked in a Nursing home for a year. You are right but also wrong-- it was what people made of it. People who had happy, cheerful visitors, remained happy and cheerful. That simple. It can be sad, yes... but it can also be beautiful. The happiest people obviously were the ones that believed this in fact was not it, and they would see there loved ones again. You cannot put a price on that, whether you believe it is delusional or not.
Unfortunately I don't have that delusion, so I'd probably be in angry, dark and bitter category.
I'm with you, but some people are just miserable. Owen Wilson is rich, famous and can get all the trap he wants, and is still trying to kill himself. Clearly his God botched some sort of chemical wiring or something, and maybe he just can't be anything but miserable. It doesn't even mean you're crazy to be that way, I don't think, whatever "crazy" is. If life's still that shitty for you, even at the top, cashing out is probably best. I encourage anyone who's really unhappy and a drag/prick to be around to seriously consider it. Hell, it's the new celebrity fad.
What would you do if you got to the top, and you were like, "this is it, really, this is the best the world has to offer? What am I doing here?" That has to be one of the most depressing things I could think of.