What To Do? Kk No Spade Facing An All-spade Flop...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO (t2540)Button (t2995)SB (t2430)BB (t3700)Hero (t3160)UTG+1 (t2735)MP1 (t4190)MP2 (t3160)MP3 (t2365)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kheart.gif, Kdiamond.gif. Hero raises to t300, UTG+1 calls t300, 7 folds.Flop: (t750) 7spade.gif, Qspade.gif, 3spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets t500, UTG+1 calls t500.Turn: (t1750) 8heart.gif(2 players)Hero ???Do we want to push here to possibly induce a call from AQ and price out any one card flushes? Am I already priced into being all-in on this hand here anyways based on the pot size?? Did I make a bad play anywhere else? Appreciate any critiques as always

Wow this is a hard one, I know I would probably slow it down and check the turn even if he is drawing, and see what he does so you can try to put him on a hand. But definitely a hard one, I also wonder what everyone else would do.

i just shove it, he has a flush draw very often i think, if he was slowplaying the flush then good for him

i just shove it, he has a flush draw very often i think, if he was slowplaying the flush then good for him
I think I have to agree hereIve been criticized for my turn play a lot because I like to check if Im usure but then it puts you into an even tougher decisionWhat if he checks behind, what do you do on the river?Like you said, you are almost priced into an all in, might as well shove an glglglglgllg

Results, I pushed ALL-INHe Insta-calls with AK spades, for the flopped nuts.So we are in agreement there was no way to get away and it was the right play? I don't see how checking would have solved anything, I check he either A) Bets like 800, and I'm committed to call and push anyways in my book, or B) Checks and I end up value betting a non-spade river and committing myself anyways or C) Checks, the river is a spade, and I somehow get away from this with half my stack...But we all know C) is a weak impropable line

Results, I pushed ALL-INHe Insta-calls with AK spades, for the flopped nuts.So we are in agreement there was no way to get away and it was the right play? I don't see how checking would have solved anything, I check he either A) Bets like 800, and I'm committed to call and push anyways in my book, or B) Checks and I end up value betting a non-spade river and committing myself anyways or C) Checks, the river is a spade, and I somehow get away from this with half my stack...But we all know C) is a weak impropable line
I disagree.
helpful much? :club: how so?
We're OOP and we have a good hand preflop, but a terrible/marginal one post-flop. Sometimes we get outflopped, and we have to take a weak line and give up even if we're ahead. Villain's got position on you on a super bad flop for your hand. Even if you have the best of it right now, there's no real way to know. If you shove, you're only getting hands that are way behind to fold, and ones that have a ton of outs/you drawing near dead to call.

Tough turn decision with only 3.1k chips to start with, each bet is a huge hit to your stack. But overall, shoving the turn seems like a logical option, though I can see why checking could work also. But putting your opponent on a flopped nut flush is difficult.

Villain's got position on you on a super bad flop for your hand. Even if you have the best of it right now, there's no real way to know. If you shove, you're only getting hands that are way behind to fold, and ones that have a ton of outs/you drawing near dead to call.
I'd hardly call this flop super bad. Hero still has an overpair, and the most likely threat is a flush draw. You can't do anything about the longshot flopped flush in this type of situation.

The most curious thing out of the hand is UTG raised, UTG+1 called, and everyone else folded?!?! What stake tourney is this? I didn't even know that was possible online ;)As for the actual hand.. That turn decision is absolutely sick. Just sick. Seriously, what limits is this? I could seriously see myself giving up here with a strong read. The lower the stakes are the more likely UTG+1 called PF with 89sooted and trash like that. The better quality the player the less likely he plops that flush, me thinks. AK of spades is just cruel.The truly sick part about this hand is you *have* to bet that flop to see where you are at and that costs you a good portion of your stack. You have 1/4 of your stack in this pot before you gain any real information, and you made the correct play.Genuine cooler.

The most curious thing out of the hand is UTG raised, UTG+1 called, and everyone else folded?!?! What stake tourney is this? I didn't even know that was possible online ;)As for the actual hand.. That turn decision is absolutely sick. Just sick. Seriously, what limits is this? I could seriously see myself giving up here with a strong read. The lower the stakes are the more likely UTG+1 called PF with 89sooted and trash like that. The better quality the player the less likely he plops that flush, me thinks. AK of spades is just cruel.The truly sick part about this hand is you *have* to bet that flop to see where you are at and that costs you a good portion of your stack. You have 1/4 of your stack in this pot before you gain any real information, and you made the correct play.Genuine cooler.
It's how I went out fairly early in the Poker Stars 100K, so whats our opinions on that tourney?? Little over the head of my 4.40 180 man buy- in range, but then again, any field of 15K plus is a donk fest.So anyways, not only did I commit 1/4 of my stack, but I still didn't know where I was. I really just felt it was a big ace hand with the Ace of spades, but the more I think about this, the more I think if he had say AQ with an ace of spade, or AK with just the ace of spades, that he would just go ahead and get it in on the flop while he still has some fold equity. Am I right?Cold-calling that raise is so fishy, but I applaud anybody who can get away from this hand where the only hands you feel that beat you are a flopped flush.
I'd hardly call this flop super bad. Hero still has an overpair, and the most likely threat is a flush draw. You can't do anything about the longshot flopped flush in this type of situation.
QFTrdtedm is being way too results biased, if Hero checks, and the river is another spade and villian shows AsXx, he probably posts rap about how we should have bet an yada yadaHonestly, whats wrong with just taking down the 1750 in the pot right now? Absolutely NOTHING! We shove here because we dont want the FD to draw in this situation and we could easily get calls from QxXs which will have a lot of outs, but we arent getting away form this on the turn. Checking the turn IMO is a horrible play. The pot is 1750, and Villian only has around 1500 left. We have to bet, any bet leaves us committed, so there is no reason not to shove.
QFTrdtedm is being way too results biased, if Hero checks, and the river is another spade and villian shows AsXx, he probably posts rap about how we should have bet an yada yadaHonestly, whats wrong with just taking down the 1750 in the pot right now? Absolutely NOTHING! We shove here because we dont want the FD to draw in this situation and we could easily get calls from QxXs which will have a lot of outs, but we arent getting away form this on the turn. Checking the turn IMO is a horrible play. The pot is 1750, and Villian only has around 1500 left. We have to bet, any bet leaves us committed, so there is no reason not to shove.
Don't appreciate the idiotic and presumptuous post. Not polite, or necessary, to assume what I "would" do.
Don't appreciate the idiotic and presumptuous post. Not polite, or necessary, to assume what I "would" do.
just interesting how the thread is up for 40 hours before results are posted, yet you decided to say you dont like the push, 10 min after results are posted
just interesting how the thread is up for 40 hours before results are posted, yet you decided to say you dont like the push, 10 min after results are posted
Sorry, don't live in the tourney strat forum.