Three Way All In

So many things wrong with the way I played this hand post flop. On the hand prior to this one I crippled Ari in a race AK vs 77 and knew he would be shoving regardless. I'm not saying whether I won or lost the hand, but it does present a scare card on the river and the obvious tough decision. Would you have played it similar and gone for the value gamble or just shoved the flop with the made hand?Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t300/t600(Ante: t75)8 playersConverterSeat 1: I Am Ari (3,840)Seat 2: AJKHoosier1 (12,830)Seat 4: muttcope (18,556)Seat 5: Al_Smooth (24,156)Seat 6: MattSuspect (17,701)Seat 7: Aggii3 (18,828)Seat 8: retief goosen (35,614)Seat 9 (Button): tnnsstar (51,437)Pre-flop: (8 players) Al_Smooth is UTG+1 with 5 :D 5 :) UTG folds, Al_Smooth raises to t1800, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t1800 (pot was t3300), 2 folds, SB raises all-in t3765, BB folds, Al_Smooth calls t1965 (pot was t8565), MP2 calls t1965 (pot was t10530).Flop: 5 :club: 8 :) 2 :D (t12495, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: t12495)Al_Smooth checks, MP2 checks.Turn: K :D (t12495, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: t12495)Al_Smooth bets t5000, MP2 calls t5000 (pot was t17495).River: 7 :D (t22495, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: t12495, Sidepot 1: t10000)Al_Smooth checks, MP2 bets t5400, ???Now what???

Why do you see the river as a particularly scary card? Who is MP2 - Aggii3? - I'm a bit confused there. If villain is Aggii3 I'd push all-in on the river - I wouldn't be able to put villain on a flush/straight here.I think the check on the flop is a matter of taste, but in no way a big mistake - I don't even see it as gambling to slowplay a little in this situation. I'm not sure about the river-check though.Is this really a tough decision, you can't seriously be thinking about folding, or can you?

So many things wrong with the way I played this hand post flop. On the hand prior to this one I crippled Ari in a race AK vs 77 and knew he would be shoving regardless. I'm not saying whether I won or lost the hand, but it does present a scare card on the river and the obvious tough decision. Would you have played it similar and gone for the value gamble or just shoved the flop with the made hand?Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t300/t600(Ante: t75)8 playersConverterSeat 1: I Am Ari (3,840)Seat 2: AJKHoosier1 (12,830)Seat 4: muttcope (18,556)Seat 5: Al_Smooth (24,156)Seat 6: MattSuspect (17,701)Seat 7: Aggii3 (18,828)Seat 8: retief goosen (35,614)Seat 9 (Button): tnnsstar (51,437)Pre-flop: (8 players) Al_Smooth is UTG+1 with 5 :D 5 :) UTG folds, Al_Smooth raises to t1800, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t1800 (pot was t3300), 2 folds, SB raises all-in t3765, BB folds, Al_Smooth calls t1965 (pot was t8565), MP2 calls t1965 (pot was t10530).Flop: 5 :club: 8 :) 2 :D (t12495, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: t12495)Al_Smooth checks, MP2 checks.Turn: K :D (t12495, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: t12495)Al_Smooth bets t5000, MP2 calls t5000 (pot was t17495).River: 7 :D (t22495, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: t12495, Sidepot 1: t10000)Al_Smooth checks, MP2 bets t5400, ???Now what???
I cannot see how you could possibly fold this right here. The way this hand is played I cannot really put Aggii on a flush draw. The only hands that really comes to mind is he either had AA or KK he flopped a set. But you would think that normally he would reraise with KK or AA, so I really can't put him on that hand, unless he played it very tricky. This could be a set over set and possibly beat by 88.Ok, another hand I could see Aggii having right now is 6s9s. Is he a loose player?This really sucks, but it almost feels like your beat. This hand really sucks though. I just don't think you got beat on the river though.-------------Edited: To say that I didn't pay attention to your check on the river. After seeing that I think this is most definitely a call. I don't think you can be afraid of the flush and should've bet out and putting the decision on him.

I think he's questioning if it's a flat call, or if we can get any value out of a raise. He's not folding, IMO. I personally raise it up, shovel being my most likely move, hoping I've picked off an AK or some crap like that.Also, I'd have bet the flop.

I think he's questioning if it's a flat call, or if we can get any value out of a raise. He's not folding, IMO. I personally raise it up, shovel being my most likely move, hoping I've picked off an AK or some crap like that.Also, I'd have bet the flop.
Geez, I really suck, I need to read things more thoroughly. I didn't notice that he checked the flop. Forget everything I've said previously.I think you have to just flat call, why raise? The Villain either got there or he's representing.
You mention that you'd have bet the flop. Why, how much, and for what purpose?

I'd have bet 5000 on the flop. He calls with almost anything, thinking you're trying to buy it, and he raises with ANY piece of it. If he folds, you're likely a cinch to take the pot against the all in, putting you in second place in chips. win/win/win situation

I think you have to just flat call, why raise? The Villain either got there or he's representing.
He could have a hand like 78s and "think" that he got there with his two pairs.

Need to have read for the best play. Without one I just call. You will be beat most times if you push is called(Ithink if you give opponent average respect).At the same time I could see him betting on tp(like an AK which makes sense with betting. He calls the allin pre and then thinks you are walking into it when you bet turn and check river.Just call unless you have some added info.