Tt In The Small Blind - $3+r Mtt

About 200 players remaining.Villain is riding a huge rush of cards as of late and has busted 2 players in the last 3 hands dealt. I have been playing pretty solid poker. Maybe a little too weak tight at times. I was once in the top 5 overall chip counts, but have dropped since.Table has been surprisingly aggressive. Almost every hand has had at least one preflop raise.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3000 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP1 (t188906)MP2 (t216314)MP3 (t35220)CO (t73112)Button (t62715)Hero (t103413)BB (t81081)UTG (t60184)UTG+1 (t36025)Preflop: Hero is SB with T :club: , T :D . 3 folds, MP2 raises to t12000, 3 folds, Hero calls t10500, 1 fold.Flop: (t24900) 2 :D , 4 :D , 7 :D(2 players)Hero bets t15000, MP2 raises to t204014, Hero ??If I fold, I have around 76K chips left. But, this is the first time villain has made a move like this. I have made big laydowns in the past and I'm wondering if he's taking advantage of me here.Does he have JJ - AA often enough to make this an easy fold?

Preflop I would reraise to 32-35K. If he reraises then you can pitch it easily, if he flat calls I would lead that flop and plan on playing for my stack.As played I probably call all-in and puke when he has an overpair. I think in this spot though you are ahead a good amount of the time.

I don't like the call preflop, looks like a good way to bleed chips to me. As played I call, I doubt he pushes a better hand that way, it is a big overbet. He's probably trying to push you around, and you don't look specifically strong in that hand anyway, imo - good move by villain if he can even make you think about folding an overpair here.

i would re-raise pf, villain appears to be just playing his rush and could very easily be in there light, so i would probably repop him to 36k or soi don't really like leading the flop all that much...by betting you take the first play away from the villain, and also you open yourself for him to try to push you around, even if he has nothing...as played, calling all-in with one pair is probably disaster in this spot, i would have to fold

gotta reraise preflop to see where your at.. if he comes back over you then dump your hand... on the flop u have no idea where your at

Must agree with the others. You have to raise. I think without doing it you can throw away on flop but I'll agree with you that you're playing weak.I think you can raise pre and be prepared to go to the end with this hand.

Do you guys honestly expect me to make a standard re-raise and muck my hand on the flop if an overcard comes down? A normal re-raise commits at least 1/3 of my chips to the pot. It's unlikely that I will force my opponent to fold. It's very likely that I will face just a call and I'll be out of position with a pair that can easily be exploited postflop. That's just me bloating a pot out of position against a big stack. I don't think I'm facing a 4-bet when a player has a big hand and position on me. He'd want to see a flop and that's what this guy would do.If I make that commitment, then I'm going all the way and jamming any flop. No way I check/fold a flop after re-raising 1/3 of my stack. This is bleeding chips more than calling preflop is.If I decide to raise, the other option is to shove preflop. But what hands call a preflop shove that tens have beat? AK, maybe AQ? If I shove, I'm too often dominated or in a race situation.I preferred a call because I wanted to keep the pot small when out of position. Re-raising preflop then folding the flop is spew. By calling, I can leave myself a way to get out of the hand if one or more overcard hits on the flop. Once I re-raise, I am committing myself to go all the way with the hand whether it's a preflop shove or a stop and go play.Anyways, villain's massive flop raise stunk of AK or AQ. Maybe 88 or 99. I'd expect a player to maximize their value with a big pair, not jam all-in here and stop the action. I snap called and villain did indeed have KK. The funny is that I would have given villain more credit had he just called the bet on the flop and I might have shut down on the turn. He never floated a single bet in the tournament. So if he called, he had to have something better than TT.----------------So with this hand, it seems as if I'm going broke the majority of the time given this scenario. Either I'll overplay my hand preflop and pot commit myself. Or I'll get it all-in on a rag board like this with an overpair.

Do you guys honestly expect me to make a standard re-raise and muck my hand on the flop if an overcard comes down? A normal re-raise commits at least 1/3 of my chips to the pot. It's unlikely that I will force my opponent to fold. It's very likely that I will face just a call and I'll be out of position with a pair that can easily be exploited postflop. That's just me bloating a pot out of position against a big stack. I don't think I'm facing a 4-bet when a player has a big hand and position on me. He'd want to see a flop and that's what this guy would do.If I make that commitment, then I'm going all the way and jamming any flop. No way I check/fold a flop after re-raising 1/3 of my stack. This is bleeding chips more than calling preflop is.If I decide to raise, the other option is to shove preflop. But what hands call a preflop shove that tens have beat? AK, maybe AQ? If I shove, I'm too often dominated or in a race situation.I preferred a call because I wanted to keep the pot small when out of position. Re-raising preflop then folding the flop is spew. By calling, I can leave myself a way to get out of the hand if one or more overcard hits on the flop. Once I re-raise, I am committing myself to go all the way with the hand whether it's a preflop shove or a stop and go play.Anyways, villain's massive flop raise stunk of AK or AQ. Maybe 88 or 99. I'd expect a player to maximize their value with a big pair, not jam all-in here and stop the action. I snap called and villain did indeed have KK. The funny is that I would have given villain more credit had he just called the bet on the flop and I might have shut down on the turn. He never floated a single bet in the tournament. So if he called, he had to have something better than TT.----------------So with this hand, it seems as if I'm going broke the majority of the time given this scenario. Either I'll overplay my hand preflop and pot commit myself. Or I'll get it all-in on a rag board like this with an overpair.
I agree much more with your thought process than others. A re-raise here is a tough spot, you're going to be out of position and likely see an over on the flop, so if he jus flat calls pf you have a big pot OOP with 1/3 of your stack invested = teh ghey. I would also HATE to get 4-bet in this scenario. When we get called here we're vvvv. rarely in good shape. Racing or crushed.On the flop, I dislike the lead, most worst hands are going to fold esp when you said that villain rarely floats the flop.IMO would it not be better to CRAI in you know you're going to broke on a flop of unders here with our stack, there you gain chips from AK/AQ/KQ type hands where they c-bet and theres a chance you still get called by 99/88.By leading you seem to be leaving yourself a get out clause, as you know villain will rarely float when he reshoves it should scream of JJ+, minimum 88/99 but these are fairly unlikely.IDK how much sense this makes but w/e.
Do you guys honestly expect me to make a standard re-raise and muck my hand on the flop if an overcard comes down? A normal re-raise commits at least 1/3 of my chips to the pot. It's unlikely that I will force my opponent to fold. It's very likely that I will face just a call and I'll be out of position with a pair that can easily be exploited postflop. That's just me bloating a pot out of position against a big stack. I don't think I'm facing a 4-bet when a player has a big hand and position on me. He'd want to see a flop and that's what this guy would do.
Then muck it preflop, or if you jsut call, then call the all-in on the flop - or were you seriously set-mining? Your line of play is very inconsistent if you lay it down on the flop imo. Just shove it pre, or go for it as played on such a good flop or throw it away pre. Anything in between doesn't make a lot of sense to me.I also agree with the check-raise in the post above this one.ETA: the results - I think you shouldn't not go broke on the flop confronted with such a move of an aggressive player.

I fold or reraise preflop. The idea of me reraising is to end the hand preflop NOT to create a huge pot and play some post flop poker. If I reraise and he calls I shove this board. If he rereraises I fold.