New To Limit, Experianced Nl Player

I've been playing NLHE for about 6 years, right now I'm at my best in short handed tournament settings, but I've decided that I need to learn how to grind out the cash game, so I'm looking for any good articles or guides you guys may have that aren't aimed at total HE beginners, but more towards people who understand the NL form very well and are looking to convert that knowledge into a limit setting. I appriciate how very different these two formats are and would greatly appriciate any help. Thanks!

I would read smal stakes hold em by Sklansky. Hands down my favorite poker book ever written. I have read it 5 times and still haven't learned all the concepts in it. lol

I would read small stakes hold em by Sklansky. Hands down my favorite poker book ever written. I have read it 5 times and still haven't learned all the concepts in it. lol

Honestly, I don't know if he did it on purpose... replying, and then quoting it, but seriously, that's the emphasis you need.Read that. Understand it. Then read Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players. Understand it. Read Winning Tough Hold'em Games or something like that.. the Stoxpoker book. Read them all 26 times.

Honestly, I don't know if he did it on purpose... replying, and then quoting it, but seriously, that's the emphasis you need.
Well, it's his only 2 posts in almost 2 years, he wanted to make sure we saw it.****Dr.Post a ton of hands,Listen to Shimmering WangOpine on lots of hands already psted here*****8Zach:What happened to al the Limit Posts? Why only a few pages show up on index?
Honestly, I don't know if he did it on purpose... replying, and then quoting it, but seriously, that's the emphasis you need.Read that. Understand it. Then read Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players. Understand it. Read Winning Tough Hold'em Games or something like that.. the Stoxpoker book. Read them all 26 times.
Lol have you read the stoxpoker book?
Zach:What happened to al the Limit Posts? Why only a few pages show up on index?
It only shows the last 30 days, by default... you can change that to show all or something in the bottom right corner.
Lol have you read the stoxpoker book?
lol, no.I haven't even read all of HEFAP.

if you only want to read 1 booki suggest small stakes hold'em. That one helped me the most out of all the books. Aside from that, post hands and find someone who plays limit well that you can talk to.

When I first read about limit and people saying that making 1bb/100 hands was a good return i laughed. After 650 hands, i cried when I was down 50 BB. Limit just isn't for me i guess, i'm too tuned into NL

When I first read about limit and people saying that making 1bb/100 hands was a good return i laughed. After 650 hands, i cried when I was down 50 BB. Limit just isn't for me i guess, i'm too tuned into NL
It never hurts to know more than one game/style. The 'big game' at the Bellagio is always played limit. And it's probably less than 25% hold'em.And it's all relative. Think of the size of the games in terms of the buyins. The money flux in a 2/4 limit game would be about the same as a .25/.50 NL game.

small stakes is the best book i have read on limit.... it should help you alot.

• 2 weeks later...

Yah I didnt mean to reply twice. :club: As pointed out, I don't post that often. Limit can be a grind. I play alot of limit live and play tight/agressive. But, I find it very profitabe if I just remian patient don't let the frequent runner runner suckout effect me. I have trusted the math will work in my favor and it has over the past three years of playing 15 to 20 hours a week live. The variance can be metally tough though, but in the long run good preflop and postflop play seems to always come back for a profit.