Im Wondering whats fcp's take on this hand. WHat do you do here, when theres 7 ppl that act after your decision.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t2000 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG (t10274)Hero (t35402)MP1 (t20663)MP2 (t21510)MP3 (t3969)CO (t32018)Button (t5392)SB (t28170)BB (t12664)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Jclub.gif, Jdiamond.gif. UTG raises to t10174thanks ahead guys, J

looking at the stacks of the remaining players, i think i would shove here...obviously not folding, and when you bring into the possibility that even if the CO or SB shoves, you could be against A-K and have one of their cards dead in the UTG player's hand, i think shoving is just very very very slightly better than callingand btw, hawaii is my new favorite college football team, when they go undefeated and cream some big conference team in a bcs bowl i will laugh in the faces of all the doubters they will have to face because of their schedule

I have to agree. I shove this because I hate playing JJ oop. A call is fine, but what do you do when a bigger stack shoves? It's also almost 1/3 of your stack...a fold isn't out of the question since you are so oop.

Great stuff guys. Love the replies. I did agree with all of ya'll and I did believe that I needed to isolate this hand. SO i shoved. LUCkily villain had 99 and I was able to take it down.BTW, if you followed Hawaii football this pass year you'd be pissed off at our AD's decision to have ONLY a 12-game schedule which includes 2 D1-AA TEams, WTF!!Such weak sauce. If we dont go undefeated I will definitely be in shocked. ANd i wont attend any home games. :club: thanks again guys, J

BTW, if you followed Hawaii football this pass year you'd be pissed off at our AD's decision to have ONLY a 12-game schedule which includes 2 D1-AA TEams, WTF!!Such weak sauce. If we dont go undefeated I will definitely be in shocked. ANd i wont attend any home games. :club:
i read an article which said they had michigan state on their schedule this year but msu bought its way out of the game...that left them two open slots on their schedule and they went to about every big-time west coast school under the sun and absolutely NO ONE wanted to go to hawaii to play them...they ended up scheduling washington and another I-AA school just to meet the required 12 games

Standard isoshove as no other raise makes sense and we're obv not flat calling 1/3 of our stack off. Fold isn't out of question but UTGs range here is wayyyyyyyyyyy too wide here.

i read an article which said they had michigan state on their schedule this year but msu bought its way out of the game...that left them two open slots on their schedule and they went to about every big-time west coast school under the sun and absolutely NO ONE wanted to go to hawaii to play them...they ended up scheduling washington and another I-AA school just to meet the required 12 games
You figure our A.D would do a lot more than he did to get us some good quality teams to play us in 07-08 season. I mean Colt deciding to not go pro was huuuuge for the state. Reward him, and especially put soap dispensers in our locker rooms. :club: