Eli Elezra Pwning Horse 1k/2k

you can't disagree about things that aren't opinions. 1) the site allows it, so its ok under the rules of the game you are playing, and therefore ok. 2) its limit poker, stack sizes don't matter.
ummmm no.
Ok, I'll bite - in what way does it affect anyone else at the table if (for example) you sit with $150 or $15K in a 3/6 LHE game?
Thats not the same example as sitting with 20k compared to 120k in a 1k/2k LHE game. You cant really think a 3/6 table where everyone is sitting with $60 bucks plays the same as a table where everyone is sitting with $600 bucks Can you?
as long as you have 12 bets it doesn't matter
Again i disagree. A limit game where everyone is deep plays much differently then one where everyone is sitting on 12 bets.
Thats not the same example as sitting with 20k compared to 120k in a 1k/2k LHE game. You cant really think a 3/6 table where everyone is sitting with $60 bucks plays the same as a table where everyone is sitting with $600 bucks Can you?
20K at 1K/2K is a little shortish, and you are right, that maybe people would play a bit differently in such a 3/6 game but that's just psychological. Stack sizes don't matter in such a direct way as in a no limit game - where the stacks of the other players influence how much you can win/lose in a hand (which is only the case in limit games when someone plays until he's felted).
20K at 1K/2K is a little shortish, and you are right, that maybe people would play a bit differently in such a 3/6 game but that's just psychological. Stack sizes don't matter in such a direct way as in a no limit game - where the stacks of the other players influence how much you can win/lose in a hand (which is only the case in limit games when someone plays until he's felted).
If the question is do stack sizes matter more in a limit game or a no limit game. Obv the answer is no limit. What I disagreed with was the statement that stack sizes dont matter in a limit game, they clearly do.That being said it obv makes little to no difference in a limit game if you have 500 BB's or 5000 BB's, but the difference between 10 BB's and 120 BB's effects the play at a limit table immensly.

Yup, I guess I have to agree on that. And anyway, even if were irrelevant I think that is still a questionable thing to do to leave the table and immidiately come back with 1/5 of the money you had previously. What's the point of doing that?

Yup, I guess I have to agree on that. And anyway, even if were irrelevant I think that is still a questionable thing to do to leave the table and immidiately come back with 1/5 of the money you had previously. What's the point of doing that?
Now that I agree with. :club:
If the question is do stack sizes matter more in a limit game or a no limit game. Obv the answer is no limit. What I disagreed with was the statement that stack sizes dont matter in a limit game, they clearly do.That being said it obv makes little to no difference in a limit game if you have 500 BB's or 5000 BB's, but the difference between 10 BB's and 120 BB's effects the play at a limit table immensly.
no it doesnt. do you have any idea how rarely you put in 12bb in a hand? i honestly can't remember the last time i did. and anybody playing at that limit is at least a little alright. unless its like aa vs kk with akk flop and an ace turn and even then a good player will not put in 12 bets behind.
no it doesnt. do you have any idea how rarely you put in 12bb in a hand? i honestly can't remember the last time i did. and anybody playing at that limit is at least a little alright. unless its like aa vs kk with akk flop and an ace turn and even then a good player will not put in 12 bets behind.
So, u think a deep stacked limit table and a short stacked limit table play the same? Ill just leave it at I disagree.