Top Top Med Against A Real Lagtard

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.259 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $24.65UTG+1: $13.40MP1: $33.25MP2: $24.80MP3: $25CO: $27.55Button: $19.20SB: $25.90BB: $7.30Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with T :icon_dance: J :icon_dance:Hero raises to $0.75, 5 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: 2 :D 4 :) T :D ($3, 4 players)SB bets $1, BB calls, Hero raises to $3, Button calls, 2 folds.Turn: 2 :icon_dance: ($11, 2 players)Hero ????, Villian is a lagtard, been at the table for 6 hands, villian has played 5 of them, and taken down 3 without a showdown once showing down bottom pair and once showing down middle pair.Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.259 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $30UTG+1: $13.75MP1: $27.95MP2: $23.60MP3: $25.50CO: $24.70Button: $41.60SB: $22.95BB: $24.40Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with 8 :D A :) Hero folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 raises to $1.25, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, 2 folds, MP1 calls.Flop: 3 :club: 9 :) 2 :icon_dance: ($5.5, 4 players)SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets $4, Button calls, SB raises all-in $21.7, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.Turn: 5 :D ($70.6, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $70.6)MP2 is all-in $0.65, Button calls.River: 4 :icon_dance: ($71.9, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $70.6, Sidepot 1: $1.3)Results:Final pot: $71.9MP2 showed Kd KcSB mucks Qs QdVillian shows A5 for the straight

I'd bet $8 on the turn. LAG/donk or not, he'll have a hard time calling with air. If you get raised, it's a dump. If the river is a non-spade lower than a J, I think you lose your stack if he's ahead by then.Good reason not to play TJ OOP without big odds.

I would probably go for the check-call on the river. If he has a busted draw he's either going to fold or bluff you out of the pot. By checking you allow him to bluff without it being too expensive to call. But I'm tight-weak so don't listen to me.

I would probably go for the check-call on the river. If he has a busted draw he's either going to fold or bluff you out of the pot. By checking you allow him to bluff without it being too expensive to call. But I'm tight-weak so don't listen to me.
we are at the turn?

If he's calling down with hands like middle pair and bottom pair I think I'd want to bet the turn for sure. Seems like he could have a smaller pair or a draw. I'd fold if he raised the turn and then probably check-call the river.

If he's calling down with hands like middle pair and bottom pair I think I'd want to bet the turn for sure. Seems like he could have a smaller pair or a draw. I'd fold if he raised the turn and then probably check-call the river.
I agree. You're way ahead of his range and he's likely to continue to call. I'm confused though, the second hand doesn't make him look laggish. He just looks like a calling station. Are you ever worried he's raising you on the turn with something you beat?
Are you ever worried he's raising you on the turn with something you beat?
he could have a real hand, I just think I am ahead of his range. Now, I bet 8 and he pushes allin, are we done with the hand like Simo say?

wow...well, to be completely honest, after seeing him pull a MASSIVE OVERBET CRAI w/ a fuccin WHEEL DRAW... i'm personally calling him 100% of the time here...granted i can see him having a 2 & sticking around on the flop, but why can't he have 5 6 lolz...yeah, ship it in... vs anyone else i'd be inclined to fold...

he could have a real hand, I just think I am ahead of his range. Now, I bet 8 and he pushes allin, are we done with the hand like Simo say?
I don't know... you said he was a Lagtard but the other hand just shows him calling off with a gut shot str8 draw. I'd say we're usually done unless he is crazy aggressive trying to make people lay down hands (which is what lagtard suggests)
I don't know... you said he was a Lagtard but the other hand just shows him calling off with a gut shot str8 draw. I'd say we're usually done unless he is crazy aggressive trying to make people lay down hands (which is what lagtard suggests)
he didn't call off w/ a gut shot... he check raised w/ it, & the raise was for every cent he had...*EDIT*wow... idk why i didn't notice the hidden results... i thought SB was villain for some reason... meaning i mis read both posts... ok, disregard EVERYTHING i said... hahaha
he didn't call off w/ a gut shot... he check raised w/ it, & the raise was for every cent he had...
It seems like villian is button in hand 2. MP2 and SB do all the betting and they show up with QQ and KK. The SB who C/R had QQ.