2/5 NLHE @ Wynn Las VegasStacksUTG+2 (Tilted European): $660UTG+1 (TAG): $900SB (Hero): CoversPreflopUTG limps. UTG+1 (TAG) raises to $35. UTG+2 (Tilted European calls). (Folds) Hero calls with 6 :D T :D in the SB. BB folds.Flop ($110)5 :club: 7 :D 8 :diamond:Hero checks. UTG+1 bets $100. UTG+2 calls. Hero calls.Turn ($410)T :spade:Hero checks. UTG+1 bets $200. UTG+2 calls. Hero calls.River ($1,010)2 :diamond:Hero checks. UTG+1 checks. UTG+2 bets $325 all-in. Hero ??UTG+2 is going to take a stab here since it's checked to him, so we think we have him beat often. The TAG probably has an overpair.

Easy fold.With the Tilter going all-in (whether he was sensing weakness, has the nuts, or if he has an even better mediocre hand than yours, i.e. 10/9 with a straight draw on the flop) and your feeling that the TAG has an over pair, I feel this is an easy-fold. The TAG may have a better hand than an over pair, but if you call, what do you do if TAG raises? The TAG has position on you... with getting a decent price on the river, I feel he will call if you fold, or even if you call, he may still call... with more money in the pot.Bottom-line, I feel TAG calls no matter what.Just my 2 cents.

Easy fold.With the Tilter going all-in (whether he was sensing weakness, has the nuts, or if he has an even better mediocre hand than yours, i.e. 10/9 with a straight draw on the flop) and your feeling that the TAG has an over pair, I feel this is an easy-fold. The TAG may have a better hand than an over pair, but if you call, what do you do if TAG raises? The TAG has position on you... with getting a decent price on the river, I feel he will call if you fold, or even if you call, he may still call... with more money in the pot.Bottom-line, I feel TAG calls no matter what.Just my 2 cents.
Just wanted to add this in... what if you raise to isolate the tilter if you think you have him beat? Do you think TAG will fold?

This is NOT an easy fold.We need to find some way to get the TAG out of the pot. My plan here would've been to check and hope to show down, fold if the TAG bet, but if TiltyEuropean bets, then instantly say "all-in" when it gets to me. TAG then has an easy fold unless he designed a flawless trap, and we'd love to shut him out. He might be able to overcall with QQ if we call, but he probably won't be able to call the 325, then call a few hundred more on top of that when you move-in behind. If TiltyEuropean has us beat, we're okay paying off here, because we're ahead a good portion of the time. But we cannot- CANNOT- let the good player overcall. A shovel here looks slightly suspicious, but we could be doing it with a relatively wide range that has UTG in trouble, so he'll probably find a fold anyway.I'm more concerned about your turn line. I think we should find a way to blast the TAG out of the pot here, to get it H/U with the TiltyEuropean. It's probably too costly and tricky, but it bears thinking about. We're drawing very live whenever we get called by the good player, so it might be worth it.Wang

Veryyyy easy fold. You beat nothing. Only air. Him being "tilted" shouldn't force you into making a bad play because almost any draw got there. Also, fold 106s preflop for a 7BB raise out of position. I think you kinda butchered this hand. I don't like check calling this flop out of position with an obvious OESD. If we hit we're unlikely to get paid off due to the scary nature of the board and a 9 could be a dirty out and give someone a better straight. When UTG+1, being a TAG, fires turn again then that should be your key to get out. Now river brings diamond and the "tilted" guy pushes. Even if you're ahead of him you still have the TAG behind you. Since you'll probably take your time calling and look honestly afraid, TAG might call with his overpair/set/whatever simply because now he's getting good odds and he's probably fairly sure YOU don't have flush.

This is NOT an easy fold.We need to find some way to get the TAG out of the pot. My plan here would've been to check and hope to show down, fold if the TAG bet, but if TiltyEuropean bets, then instantly say "all-in" when it gets to me. TAG then has an easy fold unless he designed a flawless trap, and we'd love to shut him out. He might be able to overcall with QQ if we call, but he probably won't be able to call the 325, then call a few hundred more on top of that when you move-in behind. If TiltyEuropean has us beat, we're okay paying off here, because we're ahead a good portion of the time. But we cannot- CANNOT- let the good player overcall. A shovel here looks slightly suspicious, but we could be doing it with a relatively wide range that has UTG in trouble, so he'll probably find a fold anyway.I'm more concerned about your turn line. I think we should find a way to blast the TAG out of the pot here, to get it H/U with the TiltyEuropean. It's probably too costly and tricky, but it bears thinking about. We're drawing very live whenever we get called by the good player, so it might be worth it.Wang
Yes TAG has us crushed and pushing might make him lay down on river, but what kind of hand are we beating against original guy? 6x? That's about it. Pushing here with hands like 2nd/3rd pair makes no sense and he would most likely just check it down. There is a obvious flush which just spiked the river that is a huge part of his range and what reason do we have not to believe him?

I would have folded this PF most often.Then if I played it I would almost always fold this flop unless I c/r shoved or committed myself.Then if I had taken your flop line I would have shoved turned if I planned on playing the hand any longer.Basically I wouldn't have done anything you did at any part of this hand, lol. I really don't like the situation you got yourself into. River may be a bluff by tilted European as it is quite the opportunity to bluff, but he could very well have the dia draw. Also as Wang said the TAG may be trapping the tilted guy if he is aware that the Euro is tilted. I think the Euro and TAG both have played the hand consistent with dia draws.

I am gonna go along with everyone here and say that I really dislike the preflop call. It's a large bet, you're OOP and have a fairly hopeless hand. I know that you want to involve yourself with Tilty McStackoff and everything, but there will be better spots than this one.Fold preflop. Flop and turn play are fairly standard. This is an easy fold on the river. If the flush missed, we might have something to talk about. I think you just gotta let it go. Even tilting players can beat your weak little holding there. I mean, you can't even beat the missed T9 straight draw.

Results:Hero folds. TAG calls with JJ. Tilted European angrily shows down 3 :club: 5 :D for a pair of fives.I'm really the tag in this hand by the way. (I'm actually a little surprised no one picked up on that.) I hate the preflop call as well, but I don't see how the hero folds the flop or turn.[/brag post]I thought the river play was interesting from the other player's perspective. I think I would've folded the jacks if the hero raises the river.

I think you have to bet that turn harder. I would think I could get 910 to pay me pretty good at this point and try to make sure the draws were paying too much.

I think you have to bet that turn harder. I would think I could get 910 to pay me pretty good at this point and try to make sure the draws were paying too much.
I agree. I've played too much 1/2, so I tend to think of all the chips I can easily grab with two hands as a really big bet. Add in a nagging doubt about having the best hand and we get an underbet on the turn.
I thought the river play was interesting from the other player's perspective. I think I would've folded the jacks if the hero raises the river.
If I'm in this hand, I shove back on the river as the hero, or- more likely- make a very large turn raise. There's also a very, very realistic chance that I raise the flop, but in situations where there are OBVIOUS one-card draws, I tend to wait until the turn to decide whether to semi-bluff or not. Check/calling isn't all that bad, though, even on the turn, but we have a LOT of options.Anyway, all I'm trying to say that if the Hero wanted to play his hand better here, he'd use his outs to a legitimately good hand in order to promote his chances of wining the pot, specifically to eliminate the TAG.Wang