Set Oop With 4 Player Action

I've been doing well in the past week so I decided to treat myself to a 1/2 game (I normally play .25/.50). New to this limit etc etc. So far, my reads; MP Loves to raise/bet large and always bullies people out of the pot, I haven't seen a showdown from him, no reads on button, BB weak playerAny comments? Would you call the turn? What should my thought process be throughtout this hand (caution for a set vs set?)Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($198.75)UTG ($118.20)MP ($617.85)Button ($228.95)SB ($148)Preflop: Hero is BB with 5club.gif, 5spade.gif. UTG calls $2, MP raises to $9, 1 fold, SB calls $8, Hero calls $7, UTG calls $7.Flop: ($36) 8diamond.gif, Jspade.gif, 5heart.gif(4 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $4, MP raises to $28, SB calls $28, Hero raises to $80, UTG folds, MP folds, SB raises to $167 (All-In), Hero calls $59.Turn: ($374) 3spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($374) Theart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $374

Looks like we might be looking at set over set, but you can't really know that (especially at a 1/2 table) and it isn't easy to fold a set on that kind of flop. Shoving in on the flop is fine. He's either got A-A, K-K, Q-Q, J-J, or 8-8. Period.Is this a cooler thread?EDIT: I totally misread the OP, disregard everything but the fact that its tough to fold a set on that flop.

What where you hoping would happen when you called the preflop raise? That flop, in a 1/2 game, w/ your hand, you should only hope you both have deeper stacks. Set over set happens but you would have to have xray vision in order to make a fold in that spot the correct play.

I guess I'm Mr. UberTight here but I've got a tough time finding a way to call 55 with a 1-hole limper, a raise from mid, and a caller to boot. I know online plays looser than live but as far as I'm concerned that's only more reason to tighten up and wait to get some traps set. On that extremely dry board I agree it's impossible to get away from bottom set, but should you have been there in the first place? Like ElToasto said, what were you hoping for with that call?I also find it curious that you provided your reads on every other player in the pot EXCEPT the one player you were heads-up against.

sb smooth called preflop, smooth called the flop raise by MP then shoveled your raise. Its obviously 8,8. maybe even JJ but ya, no way you can fold here. Im play this hand very similar also.thats why we have BR's and thats why we dont take shots at higher limits unless we can afford too.

I guess I'm Mr. UberTight here but I've got a tough time finding a way to call 55 with a 1-hole limper, a raise from mid, and a caller to boot. I know online plays looser than live but as far as I'm concerned that's only more reason to tighten up and wait to get some traps set. On that extremely dry board I agree it's impossible to get away from bottom set, but should you have been there in the first place? Like ElToasto said, what were you hoping for with that call?I also find it curious that you provided your reads on every other player in the pot EXCEPT the one player you were heads-up against.
This is just a cooler. It happens. We want to play a hand like 55 here with plenty of action preflop because that just means we go to a flop with more money in the pot against people who are goin to have trouble folding their TPTK or overpairs if we hit our set.Also, I would argue online doesn't play looser then live and that the more dry a board is, the more obvious it is that villian has set. If board was drawy then we can put him on a wider range of hands, including some we are ahead of. With a dry board, when people get involved it almost always means a powerful made hand. Therefore we should be able to get away from hands easier on a dry board. Not that we are ever getting away here.