• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea this was this serious!!Malabsorption Contents of this page: Illustrations Definition Causes, incidence, and risk factors Symptoms Signs and tests Treatment Expectations (prognosis) Complications Calling your health care provider Prevention Illustrations Digestive system Cystic fibrosis Digestive system organs Definition Return to top Malabsorption is difficulty in the digestion or absorption of nutrients from food.Causes, incidence, and risk factors Return to top Malabsorption can result from a wide range of diseases. Typically, malabsorption can be the failure to absorb specific sugars, fats, proteins, or vitamins. It can also be a general malabsorption of food. Diarrhea, bloating or cramping, failure to thrive, frequent bulky stools, muscle wasting, and a distended stomach may accompany malabsorption.Malabsorption can affect growth and development, or it can lead to specific illnesses. Some of the causes of malabsorption include:Cystic fibrosis (the number one cause in the U.S.) Chronic pancreatitis Lactose intolerance Celiac disease Whipple disease Shwachman-Diamond syndrome (a genetic disease affecting the pancreas and bone marrow) Cow's milk protein intolerance Soy milk protein intolerance Biliary atresia Abetalipoproteinemia Vitamin B-12 malabsorption may be due to: Diphyllobothrium latum infestation Juvenile pernicious anemia Parasites Giardia lamblia Strongyloides stercoralis Necator americanus (hookworm) Symptoms Return to top Avoiding specific foods Chronic diarrhea Bloating and gas Growth failure Signs and tests Return to top See the individual conditions.Treatment Return to top See the individual conditions.Expectations (prognosis) Return to top See the individual conditions.Complications Return to top Long-term malabsorption can result in malnutrition and vitamin deficiencies.Calling your health care provider Return to top Call to make an appointment with your health care provider if you notice symptoms of malabsorption.Prevention Return to topONE OF MY WIFES BEST FRIENDS FROM CHILDHOOD HAS CYSTIC FIBROSIS AND SHE WAS ONLY SUPPOSED TO LIVE UNTIL 12 OR 13 AND NOW SHE IS 25 AND DOING WELL, BUT HER MOM IS A NURSE AND HELPED HER EVERY DAY.

No idea this was this serious!!Malabsorption Digestive system Cystic fibrosis Malabsorption is difficulty in the digestion or absorption of nutrients from food.Causes, incidence, and risk factors Return to top Malabsorption can result from a wide range of diseases. Typically, malabsorption can be the failure to absorb specific sugars, fats, proteins, or vitamins. It can also be a general malabsorption of food. Diarrhea, bloating or cramping, failure to thrive, frequent bulky stools, muscle wasting, and a distended stomach may accompany malabsorption.Malabsorption can affect growth and development, or it can lead to specific illnesses. Some of the causes of malabsorption include:Cystic fibrosis (the number one cause in the U.S.) Chronic pancreatitis Lactose intolerance Celiac disease Whipple disease Shwachman-Diamond syndrome (a genetic disease affecting the pancreas and bone marrow) Cow's milk protein intolerance Soy milk protein intolerance Biliary atresia Abetalipoproteinemia Vitamin B-12 malabsorption may be due to: Diphyllobothrium latum infestation Juvenile pernicious anemia Parasites Giardia lamblia Strongyloides stercoralis Necator americanus (hookworm) Symptoms Return to top Avoiding specific foods Chronic diarrhea Bloating and gas Growth failure Signs and tests Return to top
pancreitis too....aaaccckkkkI have two friends that almost died from that
thats not my worst problem though...mines not that bad...jsut flare ups once in a while
This thread took a less than funny turn.
yeah seriously.....i should mention this to my shrink see what he can do about it....lol(lemme see what i can do about this)

edit- nevermind what i said at first, im sorry chrozzo i didnt know that you were sick. I think a good friend of mine had something similar to you. He said that eating right before you go to bed helped him out alot. I wish you well in the futre my friend.

heres me and my cousin with our IDs on our forheads....the waitress at my other cousins wedding took it from me along with my beer...i took her out manf_DSC00779m_b6e3385.jpg
girl in the purple ftw

the reason i like chrozzo is because he wants to live life to its fullest in the one way that men should..b y drinking beer.

Yes, bad = WTF is the point?I'm 30 now, the worst beer I drink is Sam Adams Light, when I am trying to lose weight. None of this Coors light crapChompo what is your top ten favorite beers

the reason i like chrozzo is because he wants to live life to its fullest in the one way that men should..by drinking all the beer he can get and doing it nightly.
FYP

Don't fall for the 30 years old line Chrozzo. I got the same line 14 years ago and I celebrated my 34th birthday in Vegas 2 days ago.Get them to throw you on some insulin. My weight shot up 200 lbs in 18 months (ok that isn't the best thing in the world but eventually I will need more than 2 pallbearers :club: )TIfFmika219.jpg

Don't fall for the 30 years old line Chrozzo. I got the same line 14 years ago and I celebrated my 34th birthday in Vegas 2 days ago.Get them to throw you on some insulin. My weight shot up 200 lbs in 18 months (ok that isn't the best thing in the world but eventually I will need more than 2 pallbearers :club: )TIfFmika219.jpg
Umm, you realize hanging out with that doushe bag will lower your life-expectancy right?How do you say shark in spanish?......WTFC!!!!!

I will forgive you for that remark farmist since I am wearing my WWCND shirt right now.But don't talk down about the Chark.And if you want pics with douchebags...I'll post one of me and Mike the Mouth.Whom I also love with all of my heart.