Do You Call Off 40 Bb's With Ako For Half Your Stack

I was pretty deepstacked in the Midnight Maddness the other night. At the time I was like 20th out of 500 some left. The following hand came up.Blinds 60/120Hero (~t10000)Villain (t4800)Preflop: A :club: , K :spade:UTG limps. Hero raises to 400. 3 folds. Villain raises all-in to 4800. 4 folds. Hero ????Do you call here? I honestly don't know, it feels like TT-QQ or AK.Sidenote, the guy hit a 2 outer on me earlier.

If you can totally disclude AA/KK here than this is a very close decision for me on calling or folding. 40bb is a big decision on a hand I MAY just be getting enough pot odds to make this as an even equity call.I personally think I would fold as I could not disclude AA or KK here. With your read, it is very, very close and since I like to protect my big chip stick I think I still just let it go.

This is almost always AK-AQ or JJ-99. Call, and it's not close.Also, 10k isn't that big a stack. At this point, yes, but it shrinks fast.

i instacallso many times this is someone with a pair around QQ-99 who doesnt wanna re-raise and see oversthis has to be AA/KK a lot to make it -ev

i instacallso many times this is someone with a pair around QQ-99 who doesnt wanna re-raise and see oversthis has to be AA/KK a lot to make it -ev
Trust his advice over mine. He is actually a good player :club: I'm still striving for that title

Results......I folded and he showed QQ. Whatever, I didn't feel like gambling off half my stack even if I should've, it just didn't feel right. He 2 outted me twice in the tourney, once before this hand and once later on.I laughed when he became bubble boy. :club: I ended up finishing 3rd. Despite not picking up a big pair except QQ and the flop came AKx and when I folded JJ preflop. I raise, re-raise, shove, re-shove. Hmm.......QQ vs AK vs KK sickkkkkk. :icon_dance:Re-shove I'm pretty proud of, say it's -EV all you want...me no cares....Jerkit12 was my whipping boy. I pushed him off so many hands. I showed twice against him when I had something but there were 3 different ocassions where I pushed him off a hand wth squadoosh. He had also minraised from the SB into my BB every hand when it was folded to him.Seat 1: randomd00d1 (140,174)Seat 4: randomd00d2 (183,885)Seat 5: randomd00d3(278,369)Seat 6: randomd00d4 (65,090)Seat 7: Jerkit12 (81,636)Seat 8: HERO (82,192)Seat 9: randomd00d5 (71,154)randomd00d1 antes 750randomd00d2 antes 750randomd00d3antes 750randomd00d4 antes 750Jerkit12 antes 750HERO antes 750randomd00d5 antes 750Jerkit12 posts the small blind of 3,000HERO posts the big blind of 6,000The button is in seat #6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to HERO [Kh 2h]randomd00d1 foldsrandomd00d2 foldsrandomd00d3 foldsrandomd00d4 foldsrandomd00d5 foldsJerkit12 raises to 12,000HERO calls 6,000*** FLOP *** [3c Td 7h]Jerkit12 bets 12,000HERO raises to 69,442, and is all inJerkit12 folds/end bragpost