Person missing in the big game

Question for Daniel or anyone who can answer.When Daniel talks about playing the 4000/8000 game I noticed that there is no mention of Howard Lederer. I had always assumed he played in the "big game" as well but he never seems to be mentioned.So where is he?

ive heard that he'll not play it, and i can understand why, howard doesnt come across as super competitive as most of the big game players are and im sure hes happy with his guaranteed profit in the 'smaller' games than this game which is basically passing some cash around for a bit of fun

Howard doesn't ever play in the big game, or the 1000-2000 game for that matter. He "used to" play years ago but I don't think he ran very well. Personally I think Howard is a great player, but I don't think he would win in the big game. He played Andy Beal in the heads up huge game, but that game saw about 12 to 14 poker players ante up against Andy. If the big game were straight limit hold'em, then I think Howard would do very well.

Howard has always struck me as an extremely analytical and methodical player always looking to make the "right" plays; however, if one just plays textbook poker like a rock, I don't believe one could beat the best in the world like those that play in the "big game".

no textbook player could ever accomplish what howard lederer has... being analytical is not a weakness. he looks for the right decision for the right moment, not the ' right move. ' watch his heads up match versus layne flack on an old wpt episode... if you read his website he talks about 1500-3000 stud... he must be playing high stakes somewhere...

Yeah, I personally find his play a little too predictable from the little that I've seen on TV and read about. The word grinder comes to mind. Nevertheless, I bet he could kick my ass in a heads up match more than his fare share.(although I've never played him in a heads up match, so you never know :D ) That's just my opinion and I'm sure it's not worth much.