Bay 101 Sunday Limit Tournament Pocket 4s

I've been playing Bay 101's Sunday Limit Tournament to tune up for the $3K Limit Tournament at the WSOP on June 20th. I've cashed once (5 way chop) already and was on my way to another cash when the following hand occurred:I had 13K in chips. Blinds 1000-2000 Limits 2000/4000 25 players left. Tourney pays out 10 spots (I won a huge pot a level earlier when I was priced in from the small blind with 7d5d, turned a straight and rivered a flush with 3 players betting each street.)I just got moved to this table about 4 hands earlier. Hero is in the BBUTG CallsUTG+1 RaisesAction Folds to HeroHero squeezes pocket 4s and calls.UTG callsFlop: K 4 J RainbowHero betsUTG RaisesUTG+1 CallsHero Re-raisesUTG CallsUTG+1 foldsTurn: 10Hero: Of Course bets remaining 3K - I make UTG for KJ with just the flat call on my re-raise on the flop. I think he knows he's beat. Because when I three bet he slouched his shoulders which also tells me he knows he's up against a set, the only hand ahead of him. My question here is can I table talk him out of of making the call on the turn. For example, when the turn comes out call time and say "I know you have KJ. Save the rest of your chips! You are drawing to 4 outs! You are a good player to get this far and I know you know what I have. Don't put your money in bad."The other place I might have gotten KJ to fold is with a re-raise preflop, he may have folded that hand for two bets. I just didn't like being OOP with small pocket pair to two big stacks. If I raise, I might get 4 bet by UTG+1 (who I think had AK)Any comments or critique is welcome. Thanks!

I don't think you have any FE preflop with your stack being so short. I think that you're getting the odss to call preflop as long as you're sure that UTG will only call and not reraise since you don't have last action.I don't think that you can say "you are drawing to four outs" as you're sort of stating your hand. I was a table in the Bay101 2K shooting star when one of the players at the table (a local) told the other player he had AK preflop when he was contemplating a call. He folded after the other player said that they'd be racing but the dealer told him afterwards that he could have called his hand dead for that (but didn't because they knew each other).You're being more vague but I wouldn't want to leave it in the hands of the dealer or floor manager to rule on whether your hand was dead or not.

I think this is a fold preflop. Probably fairly close though.I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to show (or state) your hand so it's a moot point anyway. Just play your hand and be happy you got it in with him drawing to 4 outs. Sorry you got bad beated.

I don't think you have any FE preflop with your stack being so short. I think that you're getting the odss to call preflop as long as you're sure that UTG will only call and not reraise since you don't have last action.I don't think that you can say "you are drawing to four outs" as you're sort of stating your hand. I was a table in the Bay101 2K shooting star when one of the players at the table (a local) told the other player he had AK preflop when he was contemplating a call. He folded after the other player said that they'd be racing but the dealer told him afterwards that he could have called his hand dead for that (but didn't because they knew each other).You're being more vague but I wouldn't want to leave it in the hands of the dealer or floor manager to rule on whether your hand was dead or not.
Thanks. I realized that something like that would not be right. I could have said something along those lines, like "you're drawing thin and you know you are drawing thin. You should fold here and save your chips. Even if they declare my hand dead it would have been the same result anyway LOL. I try not to engage in much table talk. 1. Because I am not an expert at it (mostly because I don't try it) 2. I think it can give away too much information.I think it would have been just rail time but not a dead hand. Not sure.

Bro, don't be so results-oriented. You want people to give you money when drawing to four or less outs. If anything you want to convince him to call, not FOLD. He could even be drawing dead. And if you don't want to be OOP against two big stacks then fold preflop.Maybe this post is a joke. When I'm goofing around on Pokerstars with my friends I say stuff like this too just to rile people up. My favorite line is, 'AK suited is the best hand in hold 'em because it has the best chance of making a royal which is the best hand in poker.'

I think this is a fold preflop. Probably fairly close though.I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to show (or state) your hand so it's a moot point anyway. Just play your hand and be happy you got it in with him drawing to 4 outs. Sorry you got bad beated.
I thought about that for a second. But I'm already getting 4-1 on my money and with UTG yet to call, I'd then be getting 5-1 with less the 5 BB left. If I don't hit the flop I can get away from the hand cheap and check fold.With no Antes in a Limit Tourney, I would then have to pay the small blind next hand and have another 8 hands to catch a better starting hand and potentially push in late position
Bro, don't be so results-oriented. You want people to give you money when drawing to four or less outs. If anything you want to convince him to call, not FOLD. He could even be drawing dead. And if you don't want to be OOP against two big stacks then fold preflop.Maybe this post is a joke. When I'm goofing around on Pokerstars with my friends I say stuff like this too just to rile people up. My favorite line is, 'AK suited is the best hand in hold 'em because it has the best chance of making a royal which is the best hand in poker.'
LOL Nah this is not joke. This is what really happened. I'm just second guessing myself. I had less then 5 BBs left so getting 4-1 (5-1) on my money at that point was a no brainer. I knew UTG didn't have a monster otherwise he would have opened the betting.Of course I knew I was getting my money in good, it's just that when I commited my last 3K I felt the poker reaper standing behind my me.....