I was going to play in a later event (event 47). Should I try to register now, or will I be ok to register a few days before?---I do not want to be an alternate, but it looks like some people who have pre-registered are getting stuck.Can I get a players card at the Rio or do I have to go to Harras to get one?

I was going to play in a later event (event 47). Should I try to register now, or will I be ok to register a few days before?---I do not want to be an alternate, but it looks like some people who have pre-registered are getting stuck.Can I get a players card at the Rio or do I have to go to Harras to get one?
now. why take the chance of being an alternate?not sure about your other question

You can get your players card at the Rio (there is even a special desk set up near WSOP cage to do this or you can go to the normal Total Rewards booth).If you are getting in at least 2-days before your event, I'd just wait and register the day you get in. Bring cash, get your players card, buy-in for the event, and you won't get shut out as an alternate.If you are getting in the night before or the same-morning as the tourney, then pre-register and wire them the cash and cross your fingers they have their act together by then.GLGL

I'm surprised by all this. Wasn't everything fairly organized last year?
The first weekend and the main event are always a madhouse since they moved to the Rio. There are just a lot of people initially. It tends to slow down during the upcoming week when the excitement winds down. I'd say if you plan on playing any of the $1500 NLHE events that are weekend events that you register a couple of days before just to miss the rush. And, if you can register in the middle of the night you will have no problems with a line. (Last night was an exception.)Good luck!

After the Employees event the next event should be something like 5K stud/8, 08 - ie something that's not going to draw 3,000+ entrants. Let them ease the staff into it.

Lines are gone today. I walked up and bought in at 10 a.m. for the PLHE event. There is always a crush for the first NLHE event. I've heard a lot of people talking about the June 9 event so the crush might return then, but as of now it's very easy to get into a tourney without a wait.