How Long Does An Online Tourney Take?

Say I'm entering a NL tourney on Full Tilt...$24 + $2 buy-in with $5,000 guaranteed and about 500 people playing. How long can I expect this would go on time-wise if I made it to the last 50 people? Thanks for any insight...

Say I'm entering a NL tourney on Full Tilt...$24 + $2 buy-in with $5,000 guaranteed and about 500 people playing. How long can I expect this would go on time-wise if I made it to the last 50 people? Thanks for any insight...
I don't play on Full Tilt, so I may be way off... but if you take 50th out of 500 people, I would say it would be a good 3-4 hours.
I don't play on Full Tilt, so I may be way off... but if you take 50th out of 500 people, I would say it would be a good 3-4 hours.
i dont play on fulltilt either but i know in the Party 40K Gtd. ($20+2 BuyIn) I came in 61st out of 2300 and it took around 4 hrs

Most of the tourneys I've final-tabled on FullTilt have been in the range of 300-400 people and it usually takes about 3 hours to cash and 4-4.5 hours to final table and finish. I'd adjust that up for 500 people and say you'll be playing about 5-6 hours.

f o r e v e rbut seriously, i played til about the end 2 weeks ago in a UB tourney..10$ with 450 ppl...took about 3.5 hrs or so

Usually you'll lose about half the field each hour until you get near the money. Then you're left with the more competent crowd and things can slow down.500 people? Hmm...1 hr for 250...2 hr for 125...3 hr for 60...Yeah....somewhere around 3 hrs you'll be at 50. The dealth rate will probably slow down but that also depends on the structure.

Jesus...4 or 5 hours....that is nothing compared to PStars gigantic fields....those DeepStack tourneys with 1400 or so players takes AT LEAST 11 hours...usually more.......
Wait a minute. How could you possibly know that? You didn't win one recently did you?
Jesus...4 or 5 hours....that is nothing compared to PStars gigantic fields....those DeepStack tourneys with 1400 or so players takes AT LEAST 11 hours...usually more.......
Was the question, "How long does a deep stack on Stars take?" No. :club:

Last night, I cashed in the FT 17k... Took 2 1/2 hours to hit the bubble. Figure another 1 1/2 to the FT probably, another hour to win maybe.But bubble was 2 1/2 for sure.