#581 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,625 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Congrats on a great season, Arp. Can't beat the luck factor.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#582 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,501 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:44 PM

A week after losing to Zach in game 7 of AHL playoffs by .5 a point on a disallowed goal, I lost to Zach in game 6 of the FCHL semifinals 5.5 to 5.0, and then tonight lost in game 7 by a score of 5.5 to 4.5.
A difference of 1.0.

And this time, this was the difference.....
https://www.youtube....h?v=WQj9pAuYyoo

Thats my favourite teams goalie putting the puck into his own net, and Zachs guy getting the credit for the goal.

Getting knocked out of the playoffs because a goalie had a puck stuck in his skate from a dump in, and put it into his own net by skating back to the crease.
Thats new huh?

#583 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,031 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:36 PM

I kept thinking that they should have blown it dead because the ref lost sight of the puck.

However that was really messed up and tough way to lose.

#584 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,625 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:04 AM

I'm not sure how that's a goal. The puck is out of play imo.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#585 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,316 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:28 AM

I agree. I don't think it should have been a goal. I think this is one you apply common sense to. If the ref knew where the puck was, he would have blown it dead earlier. In the spirit of the game and the rule, it should not be a goal.

#586 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,501 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:45 AM

How does the 2 ref system work in terms of losing sight of the puck? I'm assuming it was the guy closest to the play, and he just didnt know where it was and for some reason froze.

Question: Even if he sees it, its still automatically blown dead, right? Caught in players equipment kind of thing?
I guess ref just blew the call.

btw, the Canes broadcast was talking about how Ward is one of the few (only?) goalies who does not wear an actual goalie skate, and if he did, that wouldn't have happened. Is that true, a traditional goalie skate doesnt have the space?

#587 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,316 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

Did t get stuck between the boot and the blade? Typically goalie skates are an inch or two “lower” than player skates, so there’s less distance between the boot and the ice, and definitely not enough room to jam a puck in there

#588 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,501 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:25 AM

View PostDubey, on 23 March 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Did t get stuck between the boot and the blade? Typically goalie skates are an inch or two "lower" than player skates, so there's less distance between the boot and the ice, and definitely not enough room to jam a puck in there

yes, between boot+blade.
and yes, exactly what the Canes colour guy said. would not have been room for it if typical goalie equip.

I used to love Cam Ward and now, I really hate his guts**.

**not really, just need a day or 300 to get over this, then I'll go back to loving Ward.
he's no longer a good goalie (was he ever? not sure), and Darling is a tire fire, but I've always had a soft spot for Wardo, and then reading about how he dealt with his son being born deaf, hard not to root for the guy. He seems like a good person, so not gonna hate on him too much....but it needs time. :)

#589 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 49,687 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:12 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 23 March 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

How does the 2 ref system work in terms of losing sight of the puck? I'm assuming it was the guy closest to the play, and he just didnt know where it was and for some reason froze.

Question: Even if he sees it, its still automatically blown dead, right? Caught in players equipment kind of thing?
I guess ref just blew the call.

btw, the Canes broadcast was talking about how Ward is one of the few (only?) goalies who does not wear an actual goalie skate, and if he did, that wouldn't have happened. Is that true, a traditional goalie skate doesnt have the space?

That is odd. I haven’t run into a goalie older than 8 years old not wear a goalie skate
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#590 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 49,687 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

And man, how bad do you run this year. Or just Zach runs so good.

That’s a rough one.

Hope at least you made money in your high roller pool.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#591 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,501 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:12 PM

Thanks Serge,
My hockey pool life outside of Zach M Henderson has been really good actually, winning the high roller by a big lead, and have a lead in my other big keeper pool too.
And now looks like I'll win the other pool we are in together, the KFL. Went from last team to make playoffs to champ. The one playoffs I thought I had no shot, I won. Funny how it works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users