Stakeament For 1.10 At 19:00 On Stars

So, a little background on my story for this one. I started with ~$4.50 from freeroll winnings on a smaller site called Bugsys about a year ago and joined FCP around the same time. Since them, I've been grinding cash games, starting with micros (5 NL), and grinding with good bankroll management. I'm now playing 1/2 6 Max and I feel like I'm a much better player than I was before.My goal with this stakeament is to get a few people who seek to follow in my footsteps, hopefully make a small cash and grind it into a bankroll and become a better player. I'd prefer if anyone who requests a stake here be someone who is serious about starting a bankroll, and not someone who is going to be taking dumb shots and flipping coins. I'll be offering 10 stakes to the $1.10 tourney on Stars. Obviously, I'm not offering a lot here as it's only a 1.10 tourney, but hopefully at least one person benefits from this and is able to start grinding a bankroll. I only request any stakeback if you cash for at least $20.00, in which case I just want 50/50 no stakeback. Anything under 20, you can keep 100%I'll be offering to the first 10 people to reply, post your results when/if you bust (because I know at least one of you will take this down!). Hopefully I'll be able to do more of these in the future but I don't have much cash on Stars at the moment. In addition, if anyone does cash decently and starts grinding micros, you can message me on AIM anytime with cash game questions or join Ventrilo chats with me and a few other FCPers for sweat sessions or whatever. I know it's not much in terms of money at the moment, but I just want to give back to the community that has helped me develop as a player.Respond here with your Stars name and city. Tourney # is 74369478.I finished 1636.Horses:1) blufferdave (david_keena on FCP) - Finished 159 for $2.342) gfdsa146 - Finished 5493) kobe2odom8 - Finished 13644) GeneraatorM (NoJazz on FCP) - Finished 279 for $1.555) Sham Shaft (Slapstick on FCP) - Finished 4686) scrappdog13 (scrapp on FCP) - Finished 209 for $2.077) Dogpatch666 (HangukMiguk on FCP) - Finished 2241

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a little background on my story for this one. I started with ~$4.50 from freeroll winnings on a smaller site called Bugsys about a year ago and joined FCP around the same time. Since them, I've been grinding cash games, starting with micros (5 NL), and grinding with good bankroll management. I'm now playing 1/2 6 Max and I feel like I'm a much better player than I was before.My goal with this stakeament is to get a few people who seek to follow in my footsteps, hopefully make a small cash and grind it into a bankroll and become a better player. I'd prefer if anyone who requests a stake here be someone who is serious about starting a bankroll, and not someone who is going to be taking dumb shots and flipping coins. I'll be offering 10 stakes to the $1.10 tourney on Stars. Obviously, I'm not offering a lot here as it's only a 1.10 tourney, but hopefully at least one person benefits from this and is able to start grinding a bankroll. I only request any stakeback if you cash for at least $20.00, in which case I just want 50/50 no stakeback. Anything under 20, you can keep 100%I'll be offering to the first 10 people to reply, post your results when/if you bust (because I know at least one of you will take this down!). Hopefully I'll be able to do more of these in the future but I don't have much cash on Stars at the moment. In addition, if anyone does cash decently and starts grinding micros, you can message me on AIM anytime with cash game questions or join Ventrilo chats with me and a few other FCPers for sweat sessions or whatever. I know it's not much in terms of money at the moment, but I just want to give back to the community that has helped me develop as a player.Horses:
blufferdave (frazee)by the way congrats on Good BR mangment i am actually working may way up playing stud started at .04/.08 got to $80 now playing .10/.20 stud H i try to 2 table it.

gfdsa146 (Forest Hills)I'm doin the BR management thing too, i've been playing .01/.02 6max at PS for the last couple of months and am at ~$150ish. Movin up to .02/.05 or .05/.10 when i hit $200, a good cash in this tourney would help with that.

Sham Shaft on Stars.cheersEdit: ventrilo cahts. whats this?
What's your city?Ventrilo chats are basically group voice sessions. We can talk while we play/rail/sweat, etc. I've been doing this with a few others as they play 10 NL/20 NL/50 NL/200 NL, etc. No level is too low, as everybody has to start somewhere. I have major respect for someone who grinds their way up rather than jumping into a higher level on a miniscule roll.
any more stakes?kobe2odom8 if so
received and registered thanks hope i do well for u.
What's your city?Ventrilo chats are basically group voice sessions. We can talk while we play/rail/sweat, etc. I've been doing this with a few others as they play 10 NL/20 NL/50 NL/200 NL, etc. No level is too low, as everybody has to start somewhere. I have major respect for someone who grinds their way up rather than jumping into a higher level on a miniscule roll.
Sham Shaft (dun laoighaire)Im definitely interested in the chats. Talking it out with other players is one of the best ways
Sham Shaft (dun laoighaire)Im definitely interested in the chats. Talking it out with other players is one of the best ways
The Ventrilo chats are where I try to give back the most to upcoming players. I think I gain a lot from talking to other players (both those who play higher and lower than I do) and micro players hopefully gain a lot from talking to me.

Nice thing to do Snamuh. I was in the same boat not too long ago but finally started playing good and now my roll is climbing. I was at $10 on Jan 1st, and now I'm at nearly $300 by being the tourney donk that I am, so a pretty good combo of running and playing good. GL to all you hopeful BR builders.

Also for what it's worth, this isn't just for people who are broke or don't have a roll. If you are currently in a building stage playing micros with a small roll, like less than 200.00, this is for you also, so don't be afraid to take a stake even if you are able to provide the buy-in yourself, especially if you aren't a tourney player. I was always reluctant to play tournies when I was building because of the high variance and the fact that I wanted to play cash games. But a good tourney cash can be great for supplementing your growing bankroll.