Aa With Two Pair On Board

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG (t1400)Hero (t3675)MP1 (t2670)MP2 (t1055)CO (t4195)Button (t7475)SB (t5490)BB (t1040)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A :) , A :D . 1 fold, Hero raises to t450, 4 folds, SB calls t375, 1 fold.Flop: (t1050) 2 :) , 9 :club: , 9 :icon_dance:(2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: (t1050) Q :icon_dance:(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t600, SB calls t600.River: (t2250) Q :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero ?Villain is fairly loose preflop but extremely passive.. (calling every 2 hands, never seen him raised pf). he seems to fold on flop and turn when bet into unless he has a hand. Check on flop was allowing to catch up/ bluff on turn. Like or dislike?River: Check behind or bet? and how much?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero (t10850)BB (t3495)UTG (t2840)Button (t9815)Preflop: Hero is SB with A :D , A :icon_dance: . 1 fold, Button calls t400, Hero raises to t1200, 1 fold, Button calls t800.Flop: (t2475) T :D , 2 :) , 6 :icon_dance:(2 players)Hero bets t2000, Button calls t2000.Turn: (t6475) 5 :icon_dance:(2 players)Hero ?Do you extract value here or push? No read on villain.

Hand 1Well, if you're going to slowplay Aces on the flop, this would be the flop to do it with. I don't mind it, although I would probably bet the flop. Also, passive players rarely bluff.You have to check behind on the turn on such a terrible card. You are beating pocket 3's through 9's, which a passive player might call with on the turn, but it is likely he has a Q, and is setting you up for a raise. Hand 2I would probably shove to try and get maximum value on a good hand. When I don't have a read, I try to play pretty straightforward.

Hand 1Well, if you're going to slowplay Aces on the flop, this would be the flop to do it with. I don't mind it, although I would probably bet the flop. Also, passive players rarely bluff.You have to check behind on the turn on such a terrible card. You are beating pocket 3's through 9's, which a passive player might call with on the turn, but it is likely he has a Q, and is setting you up for a raise. Hand 2I would probably shove to try and get maximum value on a good hand. When I don't have a read, I try to play pretty straightforward.
Sorry? I have pocket aces.. lolAnd agreed, the check on the flop was more or less for him to catch up. Wasn't expecting him to lead out but who knows lol.

It was probably a safe move with that flop but I don't like fooling around with paired boards. Been burned too many times. I like the bet on the turn but with the 2nd Q on the river I'd just check through and go to showdown.Hand 2 is a bad situation. I'm assuming you're on the bubble, and you (the big stack) are going head-2-head against the 2nd big stack. On the turn, if you check and he bets will you call? If so, might as well lead. He's probably playing a weak flush draw here - most players in that situation (4 handed, on the button, folded to him) would probably have raised with any PP or painted cards, so it's unlikely he's playing a flopped set. Two pair is unlikely, since that would mean he called your PF raise with T6, T2, or 62. I say lead the turn.

First hand, I would not check the flop. No need to try to let him catch up. The pot is big enough, dont get greedy. Bad things happen when you try to get tricky against bad players.Second Hand, Push Al, no questions asked

Sorry? I have pocket aces.. lolAnd agreed, the check on the flop was more or less for him to catch up. Wasn't expecting him to lead out but who knows lol.
Oops...meant to say you have to check behind on the RIVER on such a terrible card. :club:

My reason for checking the flop: If he has a 9 so be it, I'm not folding this hand unless runner runner makes a dangerous board and even then im not sure. There's not a single threatening card that could come on the turn that would make me lay down the hand, so I'd rather try and extract more value from the villain if he hits a pair on the turn. If he doesn't have the 9, it's about 90 - 95% i win this hand in my estimation. The reason I asked about the check is whether or not its better to try and help him catch up, or to extract value from all streets. As I said, if he has a 9 so be it, I'm going broke on this hand either way.2nd hand: I'm definately leading the turn as mentioned in my op. Just a question of throwing out a half-pot sized bet for value or pushing all in.

2nd hand: I'm definately leading the turn as mentioned in my op. Just a question of throwing out a half-pot sized bet for value or pushing all in.
I say just push. The pot is almost 6500 chips at that point, and taking that pot from him will give you a nice chip lead at the table. I'd rather increase my chances of taking the pot right there than trying to extract more value and running the risk that he might complete his flush draw on the river (if that is indeed what he is chasing).

Don't like the check on the 1st flop at all. Bet and if he lays down, show your hand if it bothers you that much, but be glad you got what you got. Sometimes you get AA and there just isn't any action that helps you. That you posted the hand leads me to believe you got sucked out: that's what happens when you slow play 'to let the villain catch up.'On the 2nd hand, why no read on the CO? This is necessary to give you a solid answer. Is the guy a loose calling station who gets deep into tournaments by sucking out? PS is full of them: hell, one won the WSOP Main Event in 2004 :club: . That said, have you been stealing a lot of pots at this table? If so, the guy may have something light, a small pair, good kicker, and may think you're just trying to buy the pot.

Hand 1: Bet the flop. Check behind on the river. Hand 2: I shove the turn. Pot is worth playing for, and I hate to see a flush draw get there without charging for it.

Okay thanks for the replies. Not being defensive, I still don't feel that anyone has justified NOT checking the river. I'm not saying whether I'm right or wrong, just saying that taking down the pot with AA on the flop isn't imperative, since this flop is really good for me, save that he has the 9. If that is the case, there isn't a single card on the turn that would hurt me (unless he has a pkt pair and hits trips) but if he hits a pair I make a lot more on this hand.. I'm still not convinced the check wasn't a bad play.Anyways:First hand: I checked behind, he showed down ace high and I took down the pot.Second hand: I pushed, he thought about it, and folded.Btw I understand the assertion that people post hands they lost or got sucked out on, but I think most genuine posters post these to improve their game. Lately I've felt that I just haven't been extracting the value I need to from my pkt aces/kings since I'm "playing scared". Still trying to find that line between extracting value and passiveness. Again, thanks for the replies.