things to do to help get a tell on someone.

I was watching the WPT 2004 dvd and something came up I neve really thought about being a new texas hold em player. the guy ask how many chips the other had. which i thought was a normal question.but the announcer said he isnt asking it because he count how many chips he has in front of the other player. instead he was making the player react so maybe he can get a read of him.. if he acts nervous that mean he is unsure about the hand.. if he hurrys he is confident of his hand.I never really thought about this before.does anyone have any other tricks of the trade to invoke another player maybe show a tell like this.

If you're playing somewhat of a novice and you want to get a pretty sure guaranteed tell when they make a big bet, ask them if they'll show you their hand if you fold.If they say no, they don't want you to fold, so they're pretty strong.If they say yes, they want you to fold, call em. :D

again, assumes you're playing with a novice.ask your opponent if he has ____, and if he hesitates and/or looks at the board, he doesn't have that hand beat.example:i had 5-4 of hearts in a big pot on a final board of Q-10-9-8-6 with three hearts. i bet, villian raised, i reraised, villian reraised a significant amount, and i was worried that my 5-high flush was beat.since he was a weak player, i asked him in desperation "do you have a flush?!" he hesitated and looked at the board and immediately said "all-in". he called, i showed my 5-high flush, he mucked.aseem

The "how many chips do you have" thing ONLY works on novice players. An experienced player will give you a fake read on that. i.e., if they have a strong hand they will stutter or act nervous, or if they are weak they will act with confidence. or you could try the whole getting naked thing.... :dance: