Weekly Content Updates

Hello guys, wanted to update you on the content you'll be getting from here on out on a weekly basis. I've been working hard on stocking up content to make sure you guys get a good amount of fresh stuff from me alone, aside from all the other videos you'll get from the other pros. I have stocked up pretty good, and here's what you can expect from me (at a minimum) each week:-1 Heads Up Video in it's entirety. I have an 8 match series from the WCOOP to roll out, with the first one already being out. I've completed 6 of the 8 heads up videos and you'll be getting one a week. When that series is over, I plan on backing up the heads up series with various stakes sit n' gos from $5 all the way up to $5000 sit n' gos. -1 cash game video. Currently running a $1-$2 series and there is about an hour of video there. I'll back that up with some more low stakes stuff, but also plan on adding a lot more $25-$50, $100-$200 and $200-$400 videos.-1 tournament video. The Sunday Million video is currently running and last night I played, and completed a video of the $150 Nightly Hundred Grand where I finished 60th in a 1000 player field. -3 live hands. The live hands will come from the footage we shot, both with and without headphones and thought process analysis. When you add that up, it's well over an hour of fresh content per week, from me alone. The heads up videos average about 45 minutes, maybe 15 minute cash game video, 15 minute tournament video, and the 3 live hands usually come to about 15 minutes as well. That's closer to 90 minutes a week. I'm also working on adding new sections to the site involving other games, but that is something that will take quite some time. I want to make sure we really beef up the no limit content and then start to worry about adding other games, etc. If you took the small ball course, watching the two tournament videos will be an eye opener for you because you get to see it in action and see just how effective this strategy is from a fundamental perspective. It's just the best way to play tournament poker, and I've dabbled with all kinds of different approaches and this approach is hands down the best by a good margin. It allows you to CONSISTENTLY get deep into tournaments and if you do that, you put yourself in a position to win.

This is pretty good considering how busy you are and that the internet is not your main playing arena What about the other pro's ? I havnt seen anything annette in a long time and she is an online pro. I would love to see this much content from JC Alvarado , boosted J etal.

This is pretty good considering how busy you are and that the internet is not your main playing arena What about the other pro's ? I havnt seen anything annette in a long time and she is an online pro. I would love to see this much content from JC Alvarado , boosted J etal.
I can't speak for anyone else, but you'll be getting around between 60 and 90 min a week of video content from me as well.

sounds great... right now i'd just be happy seeing the one "Deep in the Sunday Million: A Lesson in Extreme Small Ball "video to completion .. heck that might be all I need to get me over the hump. I still have a hard time believing in the system. and it does not appear that everyone brought on to PVT has been playing smallball.patiently waiting... in the mean time, I'm playing micro cash and usually betting 50-70% of the pot to steal or win it with the best hand, and trying to learn the 512,000 combo range that my opponents could be playing.

Sounds great guys, as long as we are getting a mixture of interesting videos and hand discussions each week I think I will remain a member.I agree some fresh content from Annette, JC and Boosted J would be great aswell.Can't wait to see the rest of the Sunday Million stuff!Daniel are you still planning on adding a forum to the PVT site?It would be cool to be able to add comments or questions about each video below it as well.Keep up the good work!

well so much for new content on Tuesdays. I would have expected it to be up by now. there must be some reason, right? certainly the admins/techs do not want us to think we are getting strung along for extra months of subscriptions.just strange there's no site updates of any kind. if nothing else, there should be a News/Blog on the site to tell us where the content is. I was hoping for just a bit more, like that Sunday Million video and then happy to cancel. I figured that large signup fee and maybe a month of subscription would give me enough time to go through all the videos and if new content was not there I would cancel (I actually did not think there was any new content being put up since there did not appear to be any new content a month ago).very strange business practices by some of the silent partners.

well so much for new content on Tuesdays. I would have expected it to be up by now. there must be some reason, right? certainly the admins/techs do not want us to think we are getting strung along for extra months of subscriptions.just strange there's no site updates of any kind. if nothing else, there should be a News/Blog on the site to tell us where the content is. I was hoping for just a bit more, like that Sunday Million video and then happy to cancel. I figured that large signup fee and maybe a month of subscription would give me enough time to go through all the videos and if new content was not there I would cancel (I actually did not think there was any new content being put up since there did not appear to be any new content a month ago).very strange business practices by some of the silent partners.
They must have heard you because the new content has been added.
Daniel are you still planning on adding a forum to the PVT site?It would be cool to be able to add comments or questions about each video below it as well.Keep up the good work!
The latest update I got on the forum was that it would be launched late this week or early next, I'll stay on them about it.
I'm not certain if this post was made before or after content was released for the day, but even if it was after, I agree that we should be putting out more and more content each week. I'm assured that the new contingent of pros are starting up shortly, and I know firsthand that the one I'm most excited about has started recording some of his sessions to turn into content. Having said that, though, a good variety of Daniel's stuff was released today as well as an entire half of a pretty solid video of mine, and even if it's not up to the quantity I'd like to eventually see, I do believe the quality is very high.The news/blog is a good idea. I think that when there's a direct, attached forum created on PVT it'll help a ton with admin-client communication and things like this will be smoothed out pretty quickly in upcoming weeks.
...I'm not certain if this post was made before or after content was released for the day, but even if it was after, I agree that we should be putting out more and more content each week. I'm assured that the new contingent of pros are starting up shortly, and I know firsthand that the one I'm most excited about has started recording some of his sessions to turn into content. Having said that, though, a good variety of Daniel's stuff was released today as well as an entire half of a pretty solid video of mine, and even if it's not up to the quantity I'd like to eventually see, I do believe the quality is very high.The news/blog is a good idea. I think that when there's a direct, attached forum created on PVT it'll help a ton with admin-client communication and things like this will be smoothed out pretty quickly in upcoming weeks.
i hate to complain, but sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the oil. I doubt my post was the squeeky wheel in this case, but you guys have me drooling pretty good with Daniel's Sunday Million. If we have to wait 9 weeks for the full video though, well I'm not sure I want to state how I feel about at that this moment.The news/blog thing I think could be used to settle the masses - it is what I do and I know many big sites do as well (not necessarily poker sites). Communication to the end-user in any form is a good thing. Forum would work just as well.I must state that I am very happy to see the amount of new content for the day. I will start planning on Wed or very late Tues to look from now on. I assumed Tues meant morning or 9-5 biz hours (and looks like it was just the 11th hour in today's case).Again, very happy to see the amount of content posted new tonight. I've been oiled heh

Great stuff this week guys, heads up match was well done, props Jason on the parts out so far in the 50 dollar tourney, couple questions for you. In the AQ hand when deciding whether to call or reraise the 5x raise in position preflop was difficult. When you pricing the raise tho you immediately decided on around 32-35k over his 10k, but I think u decided on just calling in case one of the big stacks in blinds moved u in and losing that much would be a disaster(I could be wrong on this). Why not make it around 26-29k?, i know this might give the player who raised first/ blind players an illusion they have 4 bet fold equity and calling that is a have to but dont like it situation. I know you didnt have time to explain that part in the time you had but did that have anything to do with it or do you just like reraising at least 3 time the original raise generally. Any additional thoughts on this preflop situation?Also on the KK hand when you debated whether just calling his check raise on the turn, i agree with your afterward analysis calling is better to bluff catch the river allin. That situation looked like he had an ace but when you bet the turn he realized it wasn't good and decided to make a play at you as cheaply as he could to represent a flush. Any after thoughts on it? Great job tho. By the way the section with the added afterwards commentary was quite funny.And i guess i should comment on the thread topic now ummm...... sounds good Daniel but i think rolling out a good portion or all of one series per week would be better than one 10 minute section of each. Just my opinion, maybe others would rather take baby steps in each section per week. Just keep it up!

i hate to complain, but sometimes the squeeky wheel gets the oil. I doubt my post was the squeeky wheel in this case, but you guys have me drooling pretty good with Daniel's Sunday Million. If we have to wait 9 weeks for the full video though, well I'm not sure I want to state how I feel about at that this moment.
Don't apologize at all, we should have had the content up faster. As far as I know, the regular Tuesday release is usually up by 6pm EST, and we apologize for being a little slower today. We need - and sincerely do value - all the feedback we receive so we can improve, because as you said, there are still some spots in the VT machine that need grease :)As far as getting more than 1 part of the SM per week.. that's not really my call. I'm sure Daniel will read this and be able to comment better, but I'm pretty sure it's an administrative decision on PVT's end, so don't hold it against him. I will do what I can to help make the wait more tolerable though! I'm going to put out a variety of cool videos the next few weeks and guarantee a half hour min per week of each "episode", so it'll be a pretty solid month for content overall.
Great stuff this week guys, heads up match was well done, props Jason on the parts out so far in the 50 dollar tourney, couple questions for you. In the AQ hand when deciding whether to call or reraise the 5x raise in position preflop was difficult. When you pricing the raise tho you immediately decided on around 32-35k over his 10k, but I think u decided on just calling in case one of the big stacks in blinds moved u in and losing that much would be a disaster(I could be wrong on this). Why not make it around 26-29k?, i know this might give the player who raised first/ blind players an illusion they have 4 bet fold equity and calling that is a have to but dont like it situation. I know you didnt have time to explain that part in the time you had but did that have anything to do with it or do you just like reraising at least 3 time the original raise generally. Any additional thoughts on this preflop situation?
Glad you liked it so far. If possible in a longer video series like this one, try to note at least the section if not the time too so I can just jump to the hand you had a question on. For those who don't know the hand, it's in part 5/20, 7 minutes in. In this hand, making it 30k is effectively the same as 25k, only maybe with slightly reduced chances of being 4b. In addition to what I said in-video, I can still fold to a shove from the bigstack in BB, and obv call a shove from this guy. I just wasn't sure what his 5x meant, and after I took so long, I felt like our fold equity was reduced as I think he would think we didn't have a huge hand. The logic on that is since we didn't quickly decide, we therefore cannot be that strong; however, with AA we would have a similar (easier though) dilemma that would also probably result in calling, but I doubt he realizes this and just perceives our timing as weakness. At that point, after waiting, I actually think I could have folded, and didn't think enough about that option. Even though I'm sure worse aces are in his range there, as well as low/mid PP's, the situation is just extremely awkward and it's not like we're going to have a hard time catching this guy later on when he's making such ginormous mistakes. We're also having no trouble chipping up in small pots so there's no pressing need to risk such a large % of our stack in a marginal position.Re: the big KK hand, I talk about it more in later parts a bit more I believe. My general thoughts at this point are that I overestimated the strength of his hand and just simply made a mistake by shoving. Although yes - certain river cards can come that will prevent me from winning his effective stack - more often, I win more when he fires the river either unimproved, improved but still 2nd best, or as a bluff. There just aren't many river cards that beat me and although shoving turn is clearly +EV, calling is certainly moreso.I'm glad you liked my commentary - I'm getting comfortable talking to you guys and it feels good to loosen up and produce some educational yet at least marginally entertaining videos, heh. I really do enjoy making vids so I'm just appreciative I have an audience who likes watching them!
...As far as getting more than 1 part of the SM per week.. that's not really my call. I'm sure Daniel will read this and be able to comment better, but I'm pretty sure it's an administrative decision on PVT's end, so don't hold it against him. I will do what I can to help make the wait more tolerable though! I'm going to put out a variety of cool videos the next few weeks and guarantee a half hour min per week of each "episode", so it'll be a pretty solid month for content overall.....
ugh, that doesn't read good to me (not your's but DN's). i am not looking for a thousand DN videos ... I guess others are, just this one (sunday mill) is something I thought would tie the site together for me. your's, damn near alone, after everything else on the site, are plenty. I have bought almost all the books, sucky or not, and have training site subs all over. I know i'm not the only customer, but I would believe I'm not the only one that is upset about this rollout structure -for this particular video in question-.looks like I'm goign to pass on DN's vids then. all his high stakes and various other vids are not worth much to me. the smallball and other instructional vids are fine but his playing videos look similar to the other pro videos I have seen. yours have tons more info to gain. how you even got to this point at your age I have to put behind me or it pisses me off (not that I have put in the same amount of time and effort.. at 34 with a family of 5 with my own biz successes) but I pride myself on being a quick study and poker has been only up to a certain level.--i was going to go a bit OT here, but I decided to pm you, replying is, of course, optional--I had a bad feeling it would be a string along video section for that Sunday M video. wonder if I can 'shrug' here... maybe pull my heart back in off my sleve, tighten up with less feedback, fall into the sea of grumbling end-users.

Looking forward to watching the HU vid that I absolutely smashed the way raymer played in the strategy forum. I don't have alot of respect for his HU game. But I said that I didnt think daniel adjusted as well as he could of but then his reasoning persuaded me other wise so I am looking forward to watching the match up with though process.For those who don't know what I am talking about Raymer just called with anything that resembled showdown value and just played OOP like a fish. Your edge HU is figuring out how get your opponent in tought spots OOP. Like in a 3 bet pot with 77 on a QTx board and getting him to make mistakes not just playing OOP like raymer.

I had a bad feeling it would be a string along video section for that Sunday M video. wonder if I can 'shrug' here... maybe pull my heart back in off my sleve, tighten up with less feedback, fall into the sea of grumbling end-users.
We definitely don't want our end-users to be grumbling, heh. No promises, as I can't really say officially anything on this particular issue on behalf of PVT, DN, or anyone (since it's 4am est and I know little more than you do, heh). I can say that I know your concerns will be listened to and we'll do what we can to make you a little less grumbly :club:
We definitely don't want our end-users to be grumbling, heh. No promises, as I can't really say officially anything on this particular issue on behalf of PVT, DN, or anyone (since it's 4am est and I know little more than you do, heh). I can say that I know your concerns will be listened to and we'll do what we can to make you a little less grumbly :club:
i'm sure this is a bottomline issue and not a customer service one. "..can't please all/all of the time..."and besides the fact that you have not even been awake for 12 hours, isn't the rest of the poker world working right now? :-}
i'm sure this is a bottomline issue and not a customer service one. "..can't please all/all of the time..."and besides the fact that you have not even been awake for 12 hours, isn't the rest of the poker world working right now? :-}
actually my schedule is really messed up and I woke up today at 8am, haha. Usually you'd be right though.

The Sunday Million video will be released about 15 minutes per week and is a total of 1:25 so the whole video will be released over 6 weeks, with the first two already out. Right after that, the 100k tourney I played will follow for the next 5 weeks. I prefer rolling out a variety of videos in segments each week so that everyone gets something they are looking for. It's just a much better approach than rolling out just one type of video per week.

The Sunday Million video will be released about 15 minutes per week and is a total of 1:25 so the whole video will be released over 6 weeks, with the first two already out. Right after that, the 100k tourney I played will follow for the next 5 weeks. I prefer rolling out a variety of videos in segments each week so that everyone gets something they are looking for. It's just a much better approach than rolling out just one type of video per week.
I think this format will be great for you to do in that it will keep people wanting to hang around until the next month and so forth. It'll give you a great chance to go deep in several tournaments and keep new material from you coming in. I think guys will understand, if they have hace half a brain, that with your schedule this will be a cool way of seeing new stuff weekly.I don't think it will be a good idea for the other pros. I think they need to have complete tournaments with hands that are worthy of posting instead of how a few of them include dead hands that you have to wade through. I for one, even though I know we're going to get a lot of BFF crap from a few that aren't even pvt members, think this is a good idea.And before I get the bashing from everyone, trust me, I only post what I feel about the site and what it's doing for my bankroll. If it was detrimental to my game, I'd bash it too.