Book Review: The Poker MBA

This just may be my favorite poker book I've ever read (aside from maybe Positively Fifth Street). Greg Dinkin did an awesome job with this book, explaing how poker principals can help you in the business world.(A lot more on this later)

Would it still be an interesting, high-quality read for people with business education who just play a little poker, or does most everything only flow from poker to business?It's probably a hard or unfair question to pose with someone so involved with poker, but I was wondering if you (or anyone else who's read it) think that could give me some interesting insights to contemplate as exactly that, a business student who hits the occasional home or online game.

With all due respect, I think dinkins book is worthles and amongst my poker library it lays in the corner jacketless collecting dust, I even reread it to make sure I wasn't missing something. the whole thing seemed amaturish, nothing personal greg. I once purchased a book from tj and the guy in front of me asked him what he thought about skylanskies books and tj went into a little tirade about what a bunch of worthless info they contain. I remember thinking, are you serious, I still purchased my signed copies and left thinking where is this guy coming from so maybe your impression is similar to my experience with tj. I really will be looking forward to all the positive stuff you have to offer about the book and who knows maybe I'll be dusting it off for a third time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This just may be my favorite poker book I've ever read (aside from maybe Positively Fifth Street). Greg Dinkin did an awesome job with this book, explaing how poker principals can help you in the business world.(A lot more on this later)
By "a lot more on this later" you of course meant " nothing more on this ever"
By "a lot more on this later" you of course meant " nothing more on this ever"
Hey it´s only been 5 months, don´t be so pushy.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...