Party 1/2 Struggles With Jj

I've been pretty horrible since moving up to 1/2. I played 10k hands at .5/1 and made just over 9 ptbb/100. Moving up to 1/2 I'm down about 1 ptbb/100 hands over 5k hands. Not sure if it's just variance or the competition is tougher or I got lucky at .5/1 and am being exposed for the donk I am.Anywho, here's a hand that wasn't a huge pot but I wanted to check it up with you fine folks.Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Party Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownButton ($248.70)SB ($198)BB ($313.50)UTG ($367.35)X's ($219.95)CO ($1)Preflop: X's is MP with J :club: , J :) . 1 fold, X's raises to $8, CO calls $8, 2 folds, BB calls $6.Flop: ($25) T :D , T :D , 2 :)(3 players)BB checks, X's bets $14, CO calls $14, BB folds.Turn: ($53) A :D(2 players)X's checks, CO checks.River: ($53) 7 :D(2 players)X's checks, CO bets $40, X's folds.Final Pot: $53Results in white below: CO doesn't show. Outcome: CO wins $53. I feel the turn check is pretty bad, was thinking of check raising any bet that was between 1/2 to 3/4 of the pot.

a;lskdf;knal;kweniofnpaosdinafkl;sndkl; rnkl;nqwel;kkkkkgn ;kadjsfgpuyerpuowo0upro
Sorry fella, some random clicking was involved and I posted prematurely. There's a joke there I'm sure but I'm not clever enough. Sorry to send you on a keyboard smashing rampage.
Sorry fella, some random clicking was involved and I posted prematurely. There's a joke there I'm sure but I'm not clever enough. Sorry to send you on a keyboard smashing rampage.
srry take that backi c-bet a tad harder on the flop 18-22ish. i bet/fold the turn. he smooth calls i'm pretty much done putting money in and if he raises i'm out. sometimes i have to remind myself that yeah that A sucks for me but can just a easily suck for him. if you come hard again on that turn your getting some nice fold equity and not setting yourself up for behind bluffed and making a bad fold. i think the way you played it is too weak.
srry take that backi c-bet a tad harder on the flop 18-22ish. i bet/fold the turn. he smooth calls i'm pretty much done putting money in and if he raises i'm out. sometimes i have to remind myself that yeah that A sucks for me but can just a easily suck for him. if you come hard again on that turn your getting some nice fold equity and not setting yourself up for behind bluffed and making a bad fold. i think the way you played it is too weak.
I dont really understand why people love to bet in this spot so much. If I was planning on investing 35 more dollars in this pot Id rather do it c/cing. A bet seems like a zero sum play, all better hands will call, and all worse hands will fold. Im not that concerned about giving my opponent a free 2 outer especially when its in a spot where Im not gonna lose much if he hits. Id probably c-bet more on the flop too though.Being OOP here makes all options suck, but I think Id play the hand the same way as OP. Maybe make a blocker bet on river, but this can turn out very badly when you dont know your opponents. Once we check the river I think we can fold because most hand that villian has that we beat would just check behind and hope his low PP is good.
I dont really understand why people love to bet in this spot so much. If I was planning on investing 35 more dollars in this pot Id rather do it c/cing. A bet seems like a zero sum play, all better hands will call, and all worse hands will fold. Im not that concerned about giving my opponent a free 2 outer especially when its in a spot where Im not gonna lose much if he hits. Id probably c-bet more on the flop too though.Being OOP here makes all options suck, but I think Id play the hand the same way as OP. Maybe make a blocker bet on river, but this can turn out very badly when you dont know your opponents. Once we check the river I think we can fold because most hand that villian has that we beat would just check behind and hope his low PP is good.
In my opinion, betting the turn is the only way we win the pot w/o a check down. As played, I have no problem believing the villain bets with an inferior pair on the river. We raised preflop, made a slightly more than 1/2 pot bet on the flop then shut down. If I am the villain, I look at hero on the river and think "an A or T is going to bet for value. No bet, I can pick up this pot with my 88."If you check call the turn, then what do you do on the river? You have no more information than you had on the turn.

There is no reason to make a flop bet other than the one made here.I bet the turn a lot, but I'm always betting. It needs to fit in with how you'll play your hands. If I'm betting Tx, Ax, JJ, KQ and 67 on this turn, he's gonna have to do a lot of guessing.Yes, betting the turn does fold out worse hands and we get called by better ones, but it also removes his opportunity to bluff (or at least makes it much more expensive), so it's very opponent-dependant on the best way to play this hand.I don't have much of a problem with the hand, but you really give hands like 44 a very easy way to win pots from you if you do this consistently.

I think you just folded the winner. The villain at no point shows much interest in the pot. It looks like some mid pair who doesn't want to give up the pot on the pot, maybe even 2 overs like KQ,KJ. When you c-bet the flop then check the turn and river it looks very much like a hand you missed the flop with, I really doubt he is putting you on a hand like JJ. I think if he has an A he usually bets the turn instead of giving you a free card when your range is so wide. I have to pay this off, is smells too much like a bluff or value bet from 88, 99.