Button is loose and overplays his hands. Seen him Check/raise weak hands and turn/raise semi-bluff.5/10 (6 handed)Preflop: I get delt T :D ,8 :D in the BB.Everyone folds to the button who raises, SB folds, I call.Im pretty sure he has a hand. He normally limps garbage preflop.Flop: (4.5sb) T :D ,8 :) ,7 :) I check, Button bets, I call.Turn: (3.25BB) K :) I bet, Button raises, I 3-bet, Button caps, I call.River: (11.25BB) A :club:

Again, I don't understand one of your plays.Check-raise that flop all dayFPS! FPS!Oh, and you can't bet on the river if the turn was capped. There's a lot of hands that beat you, just call it down

I don't mind not check raising the flop. He thinks the guy has a hand there. Your playing shorthanded. Why not wait till the turn to hit it?If I had to guess, I'd say he had a set. wrto's read though that he overplays hands? I bet the river.

I guess I'd be worried about the flush draw. Lots of good hands have one...why not charge a bigger price?

I guess I'd be worried about the flush draw. Lots of good hands have one...why not charge a bigger price?
I didn't even see the flush draw. Shows how much I pay attention........

Im no expert, but wouldnt check calling the flop and check raising the turn be better?btw, wrto, you're the one that told me that you should almost always bet the river...why wouldnt you bet here?

Because im a pussy and in the midst of a 130BB downswing.Someone did a great post about check/raising the turn. I don't do it much anymore, as an example, see how many bets I got it on the turn, here, where I may have gotten 0-2 instead of 1-3 by check/raising.It's an aggressive player. Aggressive players raise the donk bet.As for everyone talking about the flush draw...come on...he has 2 hearts 10% of the time. It's a pretty small pot, I want a big one.EDIT: Betting the flop may be something to consider.

an example, see how many bets I got it on the turn, here, where I may have gotten 0-2 instead of 1-3 by check/raising.It's an aggressive player. Aggressive players raise the donk bet.
would you c/r a passive player that has a hand?
Because im a pussy and in the midst of a 130BB downswing.
So Im not the only one who has those?
I didn't tell you about my 250BB downswing about a month ago. It's a brutal game.Anyway, I think this river is a clear value bet. I ran some stuff through pokerstove and with AA-99, KQ, KJ, KT, and AT I have a 60% equity on the river. All I need is 50% heads up to make a bet correct.However, does anyone like a b/c-b/r/r-b/c line instead of c/c-b/r/r-b/c?
an example, see how many bets I got it on the turn, here, where I may have gotten 0-2 instead of 1-3 by check/raising.It's an aggressive player. Aggressive players raise the donk bet.
would you c/r a passive player that has a hand?
If I think he will bet the turn, yes.
Button is loose and overplays his hands. Seen him Check/raise weak hands and turn/raise semi-bluff.5/10 (6 handed)Preflop: I get delt T :D ,8 :D in the BB.Everyone folds to the button who raises, SB folds, I call.Im pretty sure he has a hand. He normally limps garbage preflop.Flop: (4.5sb) T :D ,8 :) ,7 :) I check, Button bets, I call.Turn: (3.25BB) K :) I bet, Button raises, I 3-bet, Button caps, I call.River: (11.25BB) A :club:
how are you getting 30% equity pre-flop?anyway, as for the post flop playi would bet call the flopbet raise the turn.bet call the river.
Again, I don't understand one of your plays.Check-raise that flop all dayFPS! FPS!Oh, and you can't bet on the river if the turn was capped. There's a lot of hands that beat you, just call it down
wrong on both accountscheck raising this flop sucks.i like bet/callthen check/callthen check/raisein that orderand bet/call the river is pretty standard
how are you getting 30% equity pre-flop?
--------------equity---------win--------tie------------Hand 1: 29.4228% [00.29 00.01] {T8o}Hand 2: 70.5772% [00.70 00.01] {AA-99, AKs-ATs, KQs-KTs, QJs-QTs, JTs, AKo-ATo, KQo-KTo, QJo-QTo, JTo}That's how. :-) As for the river bet, im doing some more simulations and its closer than i thought because of the turn cap. JJ and QQ are kinda iffy.
Because im a pussy and in the midst of a 130BB downswing.
So Im not the only one who has those?
I didn't tell you about my 250BB downswing about a month ago. It's a brutal game.Anyway, I think this river is a clear value bet. I ran some stuff through pokerstove and with AA-99, KQ, KJ, KT, and AT I have a 60% equity on the river. All I need is 50% heads up to make a bet correct.
what is pokerstove ?
However, does anyone like a b/c-b/r/r-b/c line instead of c/c-b/r/r-b/c?
I definately like the second one better, although im still not convinced about it not being c/c-c/r/rr-bMy logic is this: I think if u check raise he might still three bet with a lot of hands, he is agressive afterall right? then you can cap and bet the river and he will almost certainly only call. if he caps, he takes the advantage from you and betting the river becomes a bit scary, specially when that A falls. I still think there isnt a huge difference between my play and your second option though, the important part I think is the river bet.

www.pokerstove.com download itIt's more likely that he raises a bet than a check/raise.Also, betting the flop gets me an extra SB in when he has QQ or AA or KK and raises...the times the turn or river isnt an ace or king or 7.

However, does anyone like a b/c-b/r/r-b/c line instead of c/c-b/r/r-b/c?
I like b/c-b/r/r-b/c better, I think - after check-calling the flop, any turn card higher than a 5, or any heart, might scare him if he has just one pair and you suddenly wake up. Leading the flop puts money in while still hiding your true strength, I think.I'm not sure about value-betting the river here - unless he's hyper-aggressive, I doubt he caps the turn after your stop-n-go without at least a pair of kings, which means you can only beat KQ, KJ, or K9 (or maybe something like A9h). Also, you left 77 off your list of his possible holdings - would he not have raised preflop with it?

First off bet that flop. He raised on the button, you called from the SB. You betting there isn't going to scare him off one bit if he has a hand.The turn..I just don't know. I've read the hand over atleast 20 times now and I just don't know what to make of it. He raised the button but it was to all folds so this very well could be a blind steal with a hand like K9 K8 K7, A7 A8 A9. I would definately raise the blind with any of those holdings. I really don't think you are up against a PP. You know I was going to say Check/Call the river but I just don't believe you are beat. Everything in the hand would be telling me to check/call and that would probably have been the action that I would have taken. I then would have laughed as he turned over his hand thinking damn I should have bet that river.So bet the flop.Turn is good.River bet, if re-raised then call and hope to god he didn't hit Kx or Ax garbage to beat you.I am going to throw out he had one of the following hands.KQ heartsA9 heartsK9

MrNiceGuy...I ran this for the river.---------------equity------win------tie------------Hand 1: 65.6250% [00.66 00.00] {Ts8c}Hand 2: 34.3750% [00.34 00.00] {AA-KK, TT-99, AKs, KQs-K9s, AK0, KQo-K9o}Looks like a bet is pretty standard.If I took out K9s, K9o, and 99, it says I have a 52.1739% equity. Talk about a thin value bet.

First off bet that flop.
I know...I know...
He raised the button but it was to all folds so this very well could be a blind steal with a hand like K9 K8 K7, A7 A8 A9.
I'm not certain, but I don't think he's that aggressive preflop. This is a blind theft situation, though...so I kinda wonder.

so you did read that hand that mr nickle posted on a blind defense of his. this line looks familiar, me likey, me likey a lot

MrNiceGuy...I ran this for the river.---------------equity------win------tie------------Hand 1: 65.6250% [00.66 00.00] {Ts8c}Hand 2: 34.3750% [00.34 00.00] {AA-KK, TT-99, AKs, KQs-K9s, AK0, KQo-K9o}Looks like a bet is pretty standard.If I took out K9s, K9o, and 99, it says I have a 52.1739% equity. Talk about a thin value bet.
Wow - Ok, looks like a value bet is correct then.Worst case 52% Number looks right - 12 KQ + 12 KJ = 24 ways you win3 AA + 3 KK + 1 TT + 9 AK + 6 KT = 22 ways you lose
so you did read that hand that mr nickle posted on a blind defense of his. this line looks familiar, me likey, me likey a lot
ive been spending so much time in HUSH. Link me, I dont know what you're talking about.