Great Football Dvd

I recently saw the DVD called "Harvard Beats Yale 29 - 29"

http://en.wikipedia....eats_Yale_29-29

I really don't care much about the Ivy League and I'm more a basketball/baseball fan than a football one but I really thought this was a good sports documentary. Surprisingly Tommy Lee Jones went to Harvard and played in the game as a guard. He doesn't really look like a Harvard type but there he was talking about the game.

Yale was heavily favored. Their quarterback never lost a game since 7th grade and they also had future Dallas great Calvin Hill. The quality of football was much better than I thought it would be and there were several trick plays. Both teams were undefeated 8 - 0 going into the game

Yale was ahead 22 - 0 at one point and led by 16 with 2 minutes to go. Harvard looked totally out of it with 2 minutes to go. The game was played at Harvard Stadium. Harvard's coach put in a second string quarterback when they got way behind. The sold out stadium went nuts at the end of the game.

Anybody else see the movie? If you like football, you'll like this movie. It also talked a lot about the late 60's era.

Here is a good article about the game and movie:

http://mag.newsweek....-beat-yale.html

The article says all-Ivy league guard Tommy Lee Jones was a college roommate of Al Gore.

One of the oddest plays occurred when Harvard's 2nd string quarterback was hit by two players behind the line of scrimmage (and fumbled) with Harvard behind by 16 at that point. A Harvard tackle picked up the ball and raced about 45 yards down field. He used to have been a tight end and I believe it was the first time he touched the ball all season. I've never seen a tackle move that fast and he probably would have went another 5 or 10 yards if he didn't trip while making a cut.

Why is there so much space between the end of the words you write and the end of your post?

Because the site's system automatically places what you write on your profile page on the side of your posts.

Please talk about the topic in this thread. If you don't like the way my posts look then stay out of my threads.

• 2 years later...

"Harvard Beats Yale 29 - 29" I remember seeing this a few years back, actually a very good movie and such an interesting back story, they have it on youtube as well now.