Insane Plo Controversy In 50 K Horse

This is just nuts and not over yetHow the hell can you rerun a turn and river when the players have already shown their cardsIf they don't give the main pot to deeb and just make the rest to mossari without making the third guy go all in it's a crimehttp://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-45-the-poker-players-championship/post.206642.htm

The resolution. I don't see how they are forced to get all of the chips in just because they showed their cardsSince mossari just said I call and they both messed up I think only the call should count and the remaining chips not go inWow what a cluster ****http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-45-the-poker-players-championship/

Both players thought they were all in. It was an angle shoot by the player who lost. He would not have said a word had he won the pot.

Not so sure that everyone acted like they were all-in, but they essentially were all-in?. Deeb knew he was all-in and couldn't even complete his 'pot' raise ... but when Yak says he is 'all-in' that, IMO, it means he can only 're-pot', which the dealer should have made clear instantly. Deeb had 68,800 minus the 12,400 he needed to call the raise with ... leaving 56,400 as his raise. So when Yak says all-in, that equals a 're-pot'. So Yak is in for around 350,000 at this point (some reports show 246,000 ... that cant be right as the pot was 68800+68800+12400+12400+12400=174,800 at least and his raise has to be at least equal to that).I think a couple of inadverdant angles can be looked at with the 'all-in' and 'call' ... but that should have been handled by the dealer after which Mosseri could have gone all-in for the additional 60,000 needed to actually put Yak 'all-in' ... AS INTENDED, but not actually. Mosseri knew that Yak wasn't all-in becasue he 'rudely' has the dealer count out Yak's stack during his decision. This certainly could have been held against him with his 'call'. He also discussed his ACTUAL hand with the rail, which could have been held against him if the issue had been pressed. I think in this particular tournament that the talking rules can be somewhat relaxed due to the fact that this is a high end buy-in and these guys talk alll the time during their high-stakes cash games. With this being the case, I think that the floor's ruling that Mosseri 'double-up' in the side pot, although technically not correct, was the right way to proceed in this case. Although he put himself out there with the talking, it was Yak's intention to go all-in (even though he couldn't) ... and Mosseri 'called' his all-in, which really meant he 're-re-potted' ... which is what Yak needed Mosseri to do in order to be all-in (which is really what he wanted!!). It really comes down to the dealer not taking control of the hand and verifying chip counts before the Turn and River were exposed ... AND WAY before the hands were exposed.The inital ruling of putting the Turn and River back in the deck would have been the 'correct' ruling if the hands had not been turned face up ... even if the chips had not been properly counted at the time and Deeb hopefully would have prevailed again for the main, but may not have.The fact that the hand took so long should not have been an issue at all ... that is part of tournament play ... there is no 'shot' clock unless called. Live with it and move on. Ivey was certainly within his rights to 'demand' to be part of any extended time that would have been allowed. It is just too bad for the short stacks that the clock ran out when it did. Had this been part of their 4 hands to go at the end of the night, then it would never have been questioned.Interesting ... lets see if the cards 'allow' either of these players to cash, especially Mosseri as Deeb's actions were never questioned in this hand.

Daniel Negreanu@RealKidPokerAgree with the ruling of last nights crazy hand. Absolutely clear when all hands are tabled that the intention of all was to be all in.

• Like 1

What an absolute mess of a hand. Well of course Deeb done no wrong and should win the main pot so the first ruling was stupid. The final ruling is a little more questionable though. Mosseri tabled his cards prematurely which normally would be a muck as it's up to the player to protect their own cards, however Yakovenko said nothing at this point and turned his own hand over, perhaps because of the extreme lenght of time that was taken to call he wasn't thinking straight, who knows? But the fact is both players made a mistake and it seems like Yakovenko is the one that got punished for it. I think I would have probably just made him pay the original pot size bet he made but the only TD experience I have is from my local pub league lol. I guess I wouldn't say it's a bad ruling.Justice for the slow roll? Perhaps the poker gods believe in karma.