In a situation like this, I'd say that you made a mistake (not because he obv showed up with the flush) calling because it seems unlikely that he's gonna push back with anyhting but a flush here. You called off a lot of money in a situation where he's likely drawing very live or you're drawing very slim.As an addendum to your variance thread, I'd say that hands like this are leaning more towards you playing poorly than running badly becuase I think this is a hand you should fold when he pushes and you know it too. Also, losing 3K when playing HU 5/10NL is absolutely nothing.
When I was grinding 2/4nl I'd routinely start weeks down $3k, and then end the week up 2-3-4k or something. losing $3k, or whatever amount of buy-ins that is...really isn't a "downswing". DS's usually last a long time.- Jordan

I really would have been thinking Xd6x with his lead, but of course, if he shoves on a raise from you, you have to dump it.

losing $3k, or whatever amount of buy-ins that is...really isn't a "downswing". DS's usually last a long time.
Yeah, that's called a bad day. My last 4 months were a downswing.
Yeah, that's called a bad day. My last 4 months were a downswing.
But positivity pays off. Nice job again. How about some hands from these sessions?