Daniel Signing With Poker Stars ?

I am a little concerned with this news. Prior articles indicate that FCP has opted not to extend their contract with DN, leaving him free to sign a promotional contract with another site.It does not say that FCP is closing, but you'd have to assume that if DN were to sign with another site, FCP poker would be done, as everyone would pull their money out (if there's any left) and move to the new site. Unless, it's negotiated that Big Stack Enterprises is going to get paid off to get it's players moved over to the new site and buy back the forum.Remember, DN sold the forum site when they started the pokerroom, so DN doesn't own the forum anymore. Big Stack Enterprises does. All of this news just leaves a lot of questions in my mind and there's not a lot of positive answers I can think of.

Okay, so I saw a screenshot and answered my own question (what's at the top of the alphabet for display purposes?), it's:"#$*-followed by:numeralsletters (either case)Zzfor a large stars tourney, but that doesn't mean I know for certain what is at the top... and maybe ! and @ are allowed too.I just received an email from their support, we cannot expect FCP points to be transferred but since this has never happened before (his words, Scott) we really don't know what will happen next. If there is a points transfer, I wonder if it'll be as nice as a 1:1 point transfer, that would make them increase in value, and probably Daniel wants his fans to feel happy, right? or is it out of his hands? How will FCP dispose of all the merchandise that has FCP logos on them and other inventory (that's easy), interesting... collector's items? Hmmm... What I can't understand are why aren't we players more organized by getting buddies to sign up as affiliates and only signing up under such buddies to maximize bonuses in general? Some affiliates are getting $300US a head for a signup, and we can't organize ourselves to max this out? Maybe it's small change, as is their $50 opening bonus, but I wonder still if I should just open an account there as there's no reason not to with this news out.If you haven't already figured it out, I hate signing up at any site until I know I have the best deal (in the old days, re rakeback) and I realize stars will never have big bonuses, so what turned me off is "if they're giving money to their stars, then they have to be taking it out somewhere. I guess I have to take a marketing course to understand why people don't just flock to the rakefree sites and those with huge overlays... are they the dummies or am I? I just can't stomach the idea of them taking rake, and us jumping up and down all excited because we slave away to get some of it back through points or whatever, how retarded.I still think DN could have negotiated a plum deal with worldpx.com/wsex.com.It's always better to be the only guy representing a company with great potential than to be one of many pros in a saturated pokersite... where you don't really stand out easily. Think of how happy he'd make players around the world if rakefree poker grew because of his signing... sigh... we'd all be better off for it.

Edited by seemorenuts
If the deal is similar to the one Doyle Brunson orchestrated with Full Tilt Poker in February, players with a balance at FullContactPoker should expect a smooth transition of their funds to PokerStars.com.
I had money in Doyle's room when it stopped taking US players and sent us to Full Tilt. I already had an account at FT, but I had never deposited there, the ban hit just as I was about to. The DR money transferred AND the points converted; it was painless and took less than 24 hours.

why are we not being emailed by the site with any info. also when are the changes planning on taking place. any additional information???

why are we not being emailed by the site with any info. also when are the changes planning on taking place. any additional information???
Hi Dabs45, the reason is that at this point everything is just speculation and rumour as no decisions have been made or deals been agreed to.From the post by seemorenuts it sounds like the Support person he was dealing with is making assumptions based on those rumours.If and when anything changes and we have anything to let players know you can rest assured that you will be informed.