Kirk Cameron On O'reilly

Who created Mom and Dad? Who created the various systems that make Mom and Dad run? Who created the systems that support Mom and Dad outside of what is Mom and Dad? It is so obvious there is some sort of intellect behind these things I can't even fathom the idea that anybody can be that blind.
Yeah man is perfect, that's why men have nipples, so that we can breast feed if something goes wrong with the mother, oh wait!
Who created Mom and Dad? Who created the various systems that make Mom and Dad run? Who created the systems that support Mom and Dad outside of what is Mom and Dad? It is so obvious there is some sort of intellect behind these things I can't even fathom the idea that anybody can be that blind.
I just finished my first year in law school this morning. How is this relevant you ask?Welllllll......we have a saying in law school. Whenever a judge writes an opinion and uses the word "clearly" or the word "obviously" we automatically assume that whatever they are saying is in fact not clear or not obvious. It is what people write when they actually have no precedent or facts to support them.So when you say it is obvious there is an intellect behind these things I can automatically assume that it is neither clear nor obvious. It helps me ignore you that preceding your pronouncement of how obvious things are you just write down three rhetorical questions.Frankly, the only way it is obvious there is a god is if you just as crazy as Kirk Cameron. I doubt sociologists, scholars, academics, and even members of the priesthood would have spent so much time and energy debating whether or not there is a god if it was so obvious. Personally, I cant fathom the idea of anyone being as incredibly dogmatic, irrational, and downright ****ing stupid as you are at all times but hey I am not god so I can be wrong.
Frankly, the only way it is obvious there is a god is if you just as crazy as Kirk Cameron. I doubt sociologists, scholars, academics, and even members of the priesthood would have spent so much time and energy debating whether or not there is a god if it was so obvious.
That is a very very very key point to be understood.I found it hilarious when Kirk Cameron came to the debate against the Rational Responders with claims that he could SCIENTIFICALLY prove the existance of god without any help from the Bible. What does Kirk Cameron do in his opening arguments? He goes straight to quoting the Bible in assisting his claims for proof of God. He says "God says this this and this... magically, this this and this are true... and that proves the existance of God"/sighWe don't sit around debating if gravity is real or not. We don't pray to gravity that it will continue. We do sit around debating if God exists. We also have no evidence that God exists either. How can anyone possibly be so sure? On top of that, so sure about their own religion.
We do sit around debating if God exists. We also have no evidence that God exists either. How can anyone possibly be so sure? On top of that, so sure about their own religion.
otherwise rational people believe irrational things because the belief is intimately tied to their ego (in the freudian sense) rendering them incapable of objectivity in the particular area of the belief.not that lois is necessarily otherwise rational :club:
otherwise rational people believe irrational things because the belief is intimately tied to their ego (in the freudian sense) rendering them incapable of objectivity in the particular area of the belief.not that lois is necessarily otherwise rational :club:
I agree with that,except I have changed my mind about many,many things over the years. If you guys could prove there was no/is no God I would go that direction. As it is, you cannot- you can prove/hypothesize that God may not be neccesary, but that is the most you can do, and the most you will ever be able to do. That is not good enough, which was the point to my reply to Zeatrix simplistic point- "My mom and dad ****ed and I appeared, where was God in that?"
you can prove/hypothesize that God may not be neccesary, but that is the most you can do
not exactly. science may not be able to disprove a generic non-intervening god exists, but it can certainly discredit every fundamentalist-specific intervening version of god. for practical purposes it already has.
I agree with that,except I have changed my mind about many,many things over the years. If you guys could prove there was no/is no God I would go that direction. As it is, you cannot- you can prove/hypothesize that God may not be neccesary, but that is the most you can do, and the most you will ever be able to do. That is not good enough, which was the point to my reply to Zeatrix simplistic point- "My mom and dad ****ed and I appeared, where was God in that?"
And what religion offers is good enough?That makes no sense
Absolutely, because I have personally seen the hand of God in many things.
I must've forgot
Absolutely, because I have personally seen the hand of God in many things.
and that's our show folks! tip your waitresses.