Hit Tptk On River

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero (t11175)Button (t5365)SB (t2595)BB (t4460)UTG (t2120)MP (t1285)Preflop: Hero is CO with A :D , J :D . 2 folds, Hero raises to t600, 2 folds, BB calls t400.Flop: (t1125) T :D , 2 :) , 3 :club:(2 players)BB bets t200, Hero calls t200.Turn: (t1525) 9 :)(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: (t1525) J :D(2 players)BB bets t800, Hero ?Villain appears to be fairly tight, solid player. Have only seen him play approx 5- 6 hands.

Villain appears to be fairly tight, solid player.
Edit : Villain appears to be a weak-tight donkey.Preflop is good.Raise the flop.Bet the turn.As played, Call the river.Min bets are almost 100% of the time weakness. Does this flop look like it could have helped him? No. He is trying to make a cheap attempt to pick up the pot. Raise to 1200 on the flop. Should work often enough.Here's an article for your reading pleasure by Eric "Rizen" Lynch, one of the world's top online players, bracelet winner, and 24th place finisher in the 2006 main event.http://www.pocketfives.com/851BCEAD-B7AE-4...BFF23613DC.aspx

It's like it just hit me he bet 200 into a pot 1125 lol. I play low limits btw, so in comparison to a lot of other donks I see at the tables, he falls into the borderline solid category (which includes anyone who plays less than half their hands, and doesn't play overly weak-tight).

I've got to play Dr Doom again: villain's play is totally weak tight and his river raise screams QK to me. He made a not-even-half-assed flop bet, checked the turn and likely got his card on the river. As played, I'd cede the hand (though I can totally see calling the bet and forcing him to show down a winner), but really, you should've raised the flop, as that likely knocks this villain off the hand.The river is way too late to hit tptk unless you're certain the villain was chasing a draw he missed or is bluffing. Hands are often made well before this point, and tptk often isn't enough. Funny, also, that you mentioned playing low limits, as calling a flop bet with overcards and check-folding the turn if it misses is a solid limit tactic.Curious about the results... though let's see some other responses first.

The bet WAS rather weak. Perhaps villain wanted to bluff but lacked the stones to make an actual useful bet. The turn check makes sense.And wasn't it you that said ealier that online poker players are worse than you think?

The bet WAS rather weak. Perhaps villain wanted to bluff but lacked the stones to make an actual useful bet. The turn check makes sense.And wasn't it you that said ealier that online poker players are worse than you think?
Probably lol. I completely messed up this hand by playing too passive, was just wondering what you would do on the river as played.
Probably lol. I completely messed up this hand by playing too passive, was just wondering what you would do on the river as played.
What was your plan calling on the flop? If you weren't going to bet the turn if he checked, I'm not sure what the plan was. Were you just waiting for a jack to hit on the river?On the river I just call. You have enough chips to do it, and if you're wrong there are still three short stacks.