Interesting Social Experiment

I'm sure he would have made a lot more money playing on the Upper West Side of Manhattan than in Washington DC. I've lived both places, and have to say the performing arts scene in DC is completely lame in comparison...too many uptight paper-pushing bureaucrats, I guess. If you're going to get just one Bell CD, I think you'd love this one: Bell's interpretation of the Franck Violin Sonata in A major is one of the best I've ever heard. Cesar Franck is a great composer; too bad more people don't know about him.64057E.jpg

Wow. I think that article just sold me a Josh Bell CD.
yeah me too. which would be quite weird. I should probably buy a Gwar or Ministry CD at the same time, just to mess with the clerk.
Sweet article, sweet concept.But here are my two favorite parts: What is beauty? Is it a measurable fact (Gottfried Leibniz), or merely an opinion (David Hume), or is it a little of each, colored by the immediate state of mind of the observer (Immanuel Kant)?We'll go with Kant, because he's obviously right...And:Bell's a heartthrob. Tall and handsome, he's got a Donny Osmond-like dose of the cutes, and, onstage, cute elides into hott.I just like the casual tone the writer slips into during the writing of the article. Especially his use of the word "hott."Wang
I noticed those two parts too, especially the "hott." I read that and immediately went back and was like, "wait, what?" Very well written article, especially with little tongue and cheek kind of things like this. I feel smarter now.
Good read, interesting to see how this experiment would do if it was redone in a busy downtown area at night.
You mean in front of hammered people?