This Is What Happens When The Deck Slaps You In The Face

Haven't posted here much lately, but I've been running pretty hot and playing a little more than usual. Just wanted to post a Hand History from the FTP $10 tourny I took down last night, the second one in the last month.Sorry for the low stakes brag of sorts, but definitely intended to spark conversation about certain hands and situations. I've gone over it a bit, but I'd like people to ask about or criticize hands of interest so that I have to actually type out my thought process.No PokerXFactor account, so it's trimmed using the FTR trimmer. If someone with PXF can upload it, I'll PM the full hand history. http://www.flopturnriver.com/Online-Poker-...nament-295.htmlCouple of questionable hands I noticed early: Hand 11) Probably should have value bet or checked to induce bluff....the fake missed flush draw push was probably misused and screamed of a big hand. Hand 12) Pretty big shove...didn't seem like a set, I thought a 76 or 66 combo draw was more likely. Turns out he was just making a move with air basically. Hand 13) Didn't have proper odds to call for set value. Contemplated limp re raising, but called and intended on shoving over a c-bet on any innocuous flop. Hit gin because I am a luck box.Edit: And yeah, Hand 31 is retarded...I was in gambooooool mode and thought I was invincibleWhoa, 33 is awful as well...talk about missing value

umm, this hh is hilarious. did you edit out the hands you folded or did you just not fold at all?
It's trimmed. Hands that he did not play are noted between the hands that are shown.9 A CO-1 (M = 55.15; f+r+f+f+F)5 T MP2 (M = 55.15; f+f+f+F)Capital F is Hero's action in the hand.

I'm calling the reraise on Hand #20.Good call on #25. You had some crazy odds there.#31 - lol#33 - Yeah, lots of missed value on that one. I reraise the turn to $3000...make him pay for chasing.#37 - Getting a little loose on the steals here, but the table is supertight...so justifiable.#40 - Very tight table...might check this on the button to let one of the blinds catch something. Nothing wrong with collecting 2100 though. #43 - You in love with Q3? :club: Good move though with BB M < 3.#55 - Nice. Your agressive play has just paid off and Dereks pays you off with Ace rag.#90 - Pretty weak fold by Cyrus here.#98 - Luckbox! :D

I'm calling the reraise on Hand #20.Good call on #25. You had some crazy odds there.#31 - lol#33 - Yeah, lots of missed value on that one. I reraise the turn to $3000...make him pay for chasing.#37 - Getting a little loose on the steals here, but the table is supertight...so justifiable.#40 - Very tight table...might check this on the button to let one of the blinds catch something. Nothing wrong with collecting 2100 though. #43 - You in love with Q3? :club: Good move though with BB M < 3.#55 - Nice. Your agressive play has just paid off and Dereks pays you off with Ace rag.#90 - Pretty weak fold by Cyrus here.#98 - Luckbox! :D
I'm not sure why I didn't take a flop on #20, as it was a small 3-bet and obviously I had position. I'm pretty sure my line of thinking was that I didn't need to play a big pot because I knew I could run the table over and take pots without showdown. In hindsight it was a nitty fold.Hand 31 is total spew, but I have an inability to fold at times and this was one of those times. It did establish a super image for me though, and hopefully limits the people that try to play back at me with marginal hands later on. Or at least that's how I rationalized it to myself later. I guess knowing someone might shove over a 3-bet with Q3 sort of limits people's 3-bet range and lets me fold my marginal and even semi-decent hands to them. Hand 33 still bugs me...I have to build a pot after gin on the turn. Check raising the turn is probably folding another 10, maybe even a jack. Checking the river was terrible because people don't value bet very thin at this level and all 10s and some Js are checking behind. I guess check/call on the turn and 1/2 to 3/4 pot lead on 5th looks like a weird enough line to get action from a 10 and all jacks, maybe even induce a bluff shove from idiots. These lower buy in Full Tilt tournies feature so many nits clenching their butt cheeks once the antes kick in that I'm almost always raising 1/2 to 3/4 of the hands (depending on the players in the blinds). Both times I've won these, I started raping the bubble to continue to build my stack. The antes on FT are so huge that M's go down drastically and you have to be pretty aggro in order to have a decent stack at the final table. Higher buy in tournies are obv different, and it's harder to run over the table without getting restole on a lot. The AQ vs. A5 hand was definitely the biggest hand of the tourny....I made a point to try and avoid the big stacks at the table and definitely didn't want to play big pots with them. However, there was definitely a timing tell on this hand that made the call on the turn easy. I was so aggro that most pairs and AK were definitely 3-betting me PF, especially with this villain. Also, I've found that most players misapply the check raise at these stakes, and on a board like this Ax is almost always the most likely holding. 22 and A2 could be possible, but he took the entire time bank to push the turn and I snap called. I'm almost never 3-betting all in on the flop either, as it's folding every single hand I'm beating.Cyrus folding a Jack on hand 90 is absolutely ridiculous...I mean he can't automatically put me on the draw, but my range is so wide there that a jack is probably good. I was ready to gamboooool that hand, as it's about as good a flop as I can realistically hope for after raising 83s. Gotta love running good and sucking out on the Queens. I don't care how fishy the open limp on the button was, I'm always pushing AQ there with that low of an M.