Sound & Lag Issues On Stars Using Vista

I just got a new laptop with Vista and there is a serious issue with the sound not synced up to the action & not acting right & there seems to be slight overall lag also. Anyone else experiancing similar issues with Vista? It could also be something with setup of the sound card on my system. Thanks for the help

I just got a new laptop with Vista and there is a serious issue with the sound not synced up to the action & not acting right & there seems to be slight overall lag also. Anyone else experiancing similar issues with Vista? It could also be something with setup of the sound card on my system. Thanks for the help
I have the same issues with mine. It got better after I installed another 512MB of memory but it still happens probably 40% of the time. It's worse on FCP though for some reason. It's like 70% of the time there.
Who cares about sound anyway?

I had a Dell desk top " Windows XP " that was going on 5 years old. 2 week's ago I purchased another new Dell desk top,this one has Vista Premium,if and when I have ANYTHING nice to say about VISTA, I'll let you know. Until or if that time ever come, all I can say to you is GOOD LUCK....My new name for VISTA PREMIUM is " VISTA PROBLEMS "

So I am having the same problem with poker stars and vista. However I have a dual Core CPU and 4 GB of memory. So I can assure you its not hardware. Also I am on a dedicated internet pipe so speed isnt a problem either. WTF is going on? :club:

It's called incompatibile software. You take it how it is until the developers release patches & fixes for it. Remember when XP came out and half the software wasn't compatible with it? You were lucky to have even video drivers work with it when it came out.In my opinion retail stores should still be offering the option of installing XP instead of Vista on new machines.