Folding Kk Preflop - How To Mix Up Your Game.

I wish I saved the HH for this, but it's really just too retarded a story to post if it's not true.Probably about a year ago, I was multitabling online. I was playing 4 tables at once and I got a call from one of my friends. Since I was already splitting my poker attention 4 ways, I probably didn't have the mental energy I needed to devote to the phone call.I think I was playing 2/4 NL or something like that on PP.On one table I open folded KK UTG. Wasn't sure I did it cause it happened so fast. I checked the HH and sure enough, 2 red kings in the muck.Flop was K82 rainbow and I wouldn't have gotten action anyway.I just thought I'd post cause I'm probably the only player in this forum skilled enough to open fold pocket kings UTG.

Bah, unimpressed. My old roommate did the same thing with AA in one of those big FCP Grand tournies and had two all ins behind him. Add that move to your playbook (the open-fold of KK and AA) and then I'll be impressed.

that takes talent. last night i was at bay 101 sweating the wpt tourney. on the bubble a guy folded aces 3 times before the flop...i don't think that takes as much skill as the kk open fold, but its up there.

because i'm that awesome at reading tells (thanks joe navarro!)no, he showed someone before he folded and they told everyone else (cardplayer video). and, correction, he only folded twice, but he raised the third time and won the blinds. can you imagine knowing that a guy folded aces on the bubble twice already, and then he comes out raising preflop...i think i'd need a full house pf to give him action. the guy was an idiot.

according to pokertracker, my VPIP with AA is 98.61% (i play limit), and i've never checked them in the bb. so i've either misclicked or timed out with AA several times preflop.then again, my PFR with 23o is 0.62%, so maybe i'm just really good at mixing up my play.p.s. wrong forum

because i'm that awesome at reading tells (thanks joe navarro!)no, he showed someone before he folded and they told everyone else (cardplayer video). and, correction, he only folded twice, but he raised the third time and won the blinds. can you imagine knowing that a guy folded aces on the bubble twice already, and then he comes out raising preflop...i think i'd need a full house pf to give him action. the guy was an idiot.
actually, you could reraise him all-in with 27off, knowing that he wasn't willing to play for his stack.
that takes talent. last night i was at bay 101 sweating the wpt tourney. on the bubble a guy folded aces 3 times before the flop...i don't think that takes as much skill as the kk open fold, but its up there.
From Cardplayer's Day 2 Recap:Half an hour after the dinner break, 46 players remained in contention and action switched to hand-for-hand. While play often slows on the bubble, Ed Pellegrini became a topic of discussion as he folded pocket aces preflop twice in order to avoid finishing outside the money.Dealt pocket aces for the third time, Pellegrini played the hand, and won.That's just absolutely retarded.

yeah. that reminds me of something i heard dutch boyd say about if you were the perfect player and on the first hand of a tournament you were dealt aces and someone open moved in you could fold, knowing that you could outplay your opponents enough to win the tournament without the 80% equity, or whatever. :club: dumb ***