Like My Chances? Mlb Bet With Friend

I just made a bet with one of my good friends and I want your reactions. I bet my friend $100 that the 2007 San Diego Padres, Oakland Athletics and Los Angeles Dodgers will all finish with a better record than the 2007 San Francisco Giants. If any of those three teams finish with a worse record than the Giants, I lose. What do you think of my bet? +EV? -EV? ;o)

I just made a bet with one of my good friends and I want your reactions. I bet my friend $100 that the 2007 San Diego Padres, Oakland Athletics and Los Angeles Dodgers will all finish with a better record than the 2007 San Francisco Giants. If any of those three teams finish with a worse record than the Giants, I lose. What do you think of my bet? +EV? -EV? ;o)
First off, wrong forum.Second off, you're betting with your heart and not your head. It's one thing to bet that one of those teams will, it's quite another to bet all three teams will. While I think there's a chance this will happen, I would say it's in the 30-40 percent territory, not the 50 percent territory, your friend is getting the best of it.
First off, wrong forum.Second off, you're betting with your heart and not your head. It's one thing to bet that one of those teams will, it's quite another to bet all three teams will. While I think there's a chance this will happen, I would say it's in the 30-40 percent territory, not the 50 percent territory, your friend is getting the best of it.
Sorry about posting this in the wrong forum.And, you're right. This bet was made more with my heart and not my head. (or was it the alcohol?) However, I still feel I have a decent chance of winning the bet. I'm fine with taking the "worst" of it against a friend -- $100 doesn't mean much and it will at least be a lot of fun. I believe your 30-40% guess is about accurate. I think the A's will surely have a better record than the Giants. Also, I believe the Giants have no chance of winning the National League West (The Padres or Dodgers will win the division, IMO). The bet basically comes down to either the Dodgers or Padres having an "off-year" for their respective rosters.Thoughts?

I'm an A's fan so being from the bay I know a little about A's and Giants beisbol. I think you are underestimating the Giants and overestimating the A's a little bit. I do agree that the A's will probably have a better record than the Giants, but I do think it will be a lot closer than you think. Unfortunately, for me, I think this year is not for the A's. Also, I think the Dodgers are the definite favourite in the west while SF might just be 2nd. I just don't think the Padres will hang around. I should probably back all this up with reasons, but I'm feeling lazy.

I hope this is more a bet for funsies.....because you should be getting about 3-1 (at least) to make this bet a good one for you. The Giants just arent that bad.....especially at SP with Zito, Cain, and others. Good luck tho.