pacific poker mtt - how the do you win in them?

is anyone here successfull at pacific poker mtt tournaments? i keep qualifying for the sunday 100,000$ guaranteed but keep drowning to the blinds and loose players.i use a style of play like that found in harringtons book and it just does not seem to be working. i cant get enough premium hands to keep up with the blinds like I can on ultimate bet. Blind stealing,semi bluffing, and continuation bets also seem to be next to worthless because if the players have ANY part of the flop they seem to call no matter what.The solution to this problem seems simple to me. only play strong hands but when the blinds go up so fast and literally almost double i cant seem to make it work.any successful pacific poker mtt players have any advice for me?

I'm not qualified to answer the question, but if you're not suited to their structure, why play there? And if someone else is successful there and can help you out, doesn't that still mean you're going uphill vs. the structure or your own means of play?If you ask this, and you can move your funds, why not take your money, vote with your rake dollars, and play at a friendlier structure to the game you tend to play?

Because to my knowledge, Pacific Poker's satellites have the best structure (1/5 shots) and I almost always qualify for the 100$ tournaments with 22$.I asked around to try and find a better site and no one had a solution.

There arent any site structures that are fundamentally different from other sites. Some start with a higher BB to stack ratio, some smaller. The ones where you have more BB's leave more of your results to skill rather than 'luck'. Even still, if you consistently do extremely poorly, it's either attributable to variance or your failure to adapt to a type of play that you SHOULD be familiar with (since in the later part of all tournaments, the stacks are small relative to the BBs).Keep in mind that the quality of players is probably higher in the actual tournament than it is in the qualifiers. That may explain some of it.

Because to my knowledge, Pacific Poker's satellites have the best structure (1/5 shots) and I almost always qualify for the 100$ tournaments with 22$.I asked around to try and find a better site and no one had a solution.
OK. That's definitely a good reason to play those; I used to stick myself with suboptimal formats because I didn't have a Neteller account, so I wanted to make sure my idiocy/laziness isn't repeated.As blinds elevate, chance to win quickly converges directly to chip counts.With loose players, you can't win w/o a showdown early, can't steadily or safely chip up early. Still, answer these questions and things start getting easier.Are they loose to preflop all-ins?How aggressive is the preflop play?How much will they call down postflop?How fast is the attrition rate?Passive games pre-flop with these loose players should be beatable. Limp a lot of marginal hands so you can see a flop, and then push hard when you flop well. Bet harder with your legit hands and try to extract value from your hands mercilessly. Remember that the adage of tight beating loose is incorrect; you want the chance to make as many value bets as possible, and that betting greatly escalates postflop when you'll be earning sucker calls and laying down missed hands.

As Awful mentioned you should limp with more hands and bet HUGE if they hit. Playing small time poker will NOT work as you've found out. Instead, way overbet. These people will pay you off with all sorts of mediocre hands and you want to make them pay dearly to try and run you down. While you have to get lucky doing this, it's usually getting lucky by not getting sucked out on after the money gets in.Zara

I think the hints here were all very good. If you have a hand and think you have a guy beat, bet hard, but really there's no difference between these and other tournaments. Any mtt is about survival unless you happen to get lucky and build your stack huge. Learn how to effectively steal blinds and keep yourself in the game. Taking huge risks early isn't neccessary unless you are the type that needs to have a huge stack or go out early. Take advantage of the the times where the money is going up. I don't play mtt's at many other places, but at every 10 and especially where the money first starts is where people play especially tight and will be hesitant to play. These are great times to steal blinds and with their blind structure that is crucial. It takes a lot of luck as in any tournament, but i think the difference between the people who get in the money and the people who go deep are the people who know how to survive and wait until the right moment to make a move.

i agree with the above analysis. whenever i have had success in MTTs it has always been when i have seen a lot of flops early on and overbet the pot when i hit. early on there are a lot of limpers and little preflop raising (except for foolish all ins, which u should avoid). the blinds are so small and the pots are small preflop, that a pot sized bet is not enough to cut other players out. you must overbet the pot, to an amount that is large RELATIVE TO THE STACK SIZES OF YOUR OPPONENTS.you must have at least top pair top kicker to do this. later when people are folding more, you can be more aggressive with marginal hands.