how do i play this better...?

I'm playing 6 max $50/NL on Party, just sat at the table so I don't have a read on any of the players. I'm dealt J10o in the big blind. Three limpers, I check.The flop is 9 Q K, with two hearts. I check (looking to checkraise), two more checks and the button bets $2 (a little less than the pot). I raise him to $5. Two folds, and then he calls my bet.The turn is the 5 of hearts, putting three hearts on the board. I have no hearts.How do you proceed from here?

considering i dont have much of an idea on this players style of play at this point i would play very cautiously from here.obviously alarm bells ring when the 3rd heart hits on the turn but i wouldnt have thought the player would have bet his flush draw on the flop with 4 ppl in the hand and then called your $5 raise. to me it looks like he could have a piece of the flop, with the way he bet small after two players checked it to him i would say he had middle pair, possibly two hole cards like QJ which makes sense as he only called preflop and to me in that preflop scenario QJ is a calling hand.So to get back to how to play the hand i would have bet out say $8 on the turn and see how my opponent reacts to help analyse the hand further. But from here i would think i had the best hand.

I agree with making a pot sized bet to see what happens.You can't be worried about a flush with only one opponent who called your check raise. If your opponent folds, great.If your opponent just calls, well I think you have to bet again on the river presuming a 4th heart doesn't come offIf you opponent reraises you, it's almost an automatic fold

I wouldn't post the results yet if you want good feedback. I think it does show you though why you have to bet on the turn, you just can't afford to give out that free card. His flop bet wouldn't be very strong as a flush draw semi-bluff given all the high cards out there so the first hand to put him on is a big pair. You don't necessarily have to bet the whole pot to make his call on the flush draw a mistake if you're folding when the last heart hits, although you shouldn't bet too weak so as to induce a bluff. Another benefit of leading the turn is he may put you on a pair with a better heart and you might buy a free showdown by looking less scared.

thats one of the advantages of no-limit to fixed limit. you can force your opponents of drawing hands more easily in no-limit by making an aggressive bet, if your opponent is going to get lucky and go runner runner for his flush then make sure it costs him before he makes it.