New Challenge (old Challenge)

I agree with this however after that flop 3 bet I think youd be foolish to not consider them both as in villians range. Id weight his range heavily towards the other hands you listed though for sure.
Going back to the 3bet size, you're saying this because BB would be making it bigger w/ a combo draw and betting smaller w/ 2pr to induce shoves from draws??Panthers will always own the Bucs
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Going back to the 3bet size, you're saying this because BB would be making it bigger w/ a combo draw and betting smaller w/ 2pr to induce shoves from draws??Panthers will always own the Bucs
No I think just the opposite. A set would be more likely to isolate by raising big, a combo draw would be more likely to wanna play a gigantic pot.
No I think just the opposite. A set would be more likely to isolate by raising big, a combo draw would be more likely to wanna play a gigantic pot.
So what is a combo draw doing here in the bb? flatting? CiB?Panthers will always own the bucs
So what is a combo draw doing here in the bb? flatting? CiB?Panthers will always own the bucs
The bbs 3 bet was on the smallish size thats what makes me think combo draw more so then set. Had BB made it like $100 or more Id be more inclined to weight his range more so towards made hands.

For those of you that play poker for all or most of your income how hard was it for you to get a credit card? Ive been playing for 100% of my income for 11 months(and besides 4 weeks in between basically for 25 months), but I dont have a credit card yet. I also being Canadian have not paid taxes on my gambling winnings and dont think my bank knows where my money is coming from. I just want one with a limit of like $1000, but would like to do it without my bank knowing what I do for a living. Any tips for how I should get a credit card? It sucks having to borrow someone elses for buying shit online.

For those of you that play poker for all or most of your income how hard was it for you to get a credit card? Ive been playing for 100% of my income for 11 months(and besides 4 weeks in between basically for 25 months), but I dont have a credit card yet. I also being Canadian have not paid taxes on my gambling winnings and dont think my bank knows where my money is coming from. I just want one with a limit of like $1000, but would like to do it without my bank knowing what I do for a living. Any tips for how I should get a credit card? It sucks having to borrow someone elses for buying shit online.
Debit card?
For what it's worthI committed a felony vandalism at 14But it took getting caught and punished to change
I don't think tying balloons onto someone's car antenna counts ;)If you don't mind discussing a little, did you change because jail/juvy/whatever scared the crap out of you, your parents got more involved, you had another person get involved in your life..? I guess everyone is different, I just don't have a lot of faith in our jails right now, but my viewpoint is probably skewed by way too much Law and Order heh.Mark
How do you play it from the flop cr?
I mean, here's the thing...we checked the turn because we thought he didn't have an ace, right? So why are we raising the river? It's not a big mistake because of the stack sizes, but I like the idea of min-re-raising the flop or betting the turn.
I believe the process to build up your credit from nothing is to first try store credit cards, like Nordstroms, etc. Once you get one or two of those and have a bit of a history with it, then the mainstream companies like Chase will give you a Visa. I would just apply for one wherever you want though and see if they approve you. Before this year it was really hard to get turned down, but who knows what it is like now.Mark
I believe the process to build up your credit from nothing is to first try store credit cards, like Nordstroms, etc. Once you get one or two of those and have a bit of a history with it, then the mainstream companies like Chase will give you a Visa. I would just apply for one wherever you want though and see if they approve you. Before this year it was really hard to get turned down, but who knows what it is like now.Mark
Ill look for something like this, but I'm not sure how common they are up here in Canada.

Ran bad: Flopped set vs flopped flush at 5/10nlRan good: river paired the board :)Trying to get motivated to play some more today. Might watch a show then hit the tables again.dat7706522cq2.jpgMark

Does this work just like a standard credit card except you deposit money on it first or what? And if yes where would I get one.
Yes its exactly the same. I dont know how it works up in Canada but here they are pretty standard with a checking account. Money comes directly out of your checking account when you buy something. Or as Bull said if you are looking to build some credit a secure credit card, thats more like a prepay card, you give them X dollars they give you a credit limit of the same amount. Eventually as long as you pay your bill on time every month they will start to give you some additional credit. Good way to build some credit history
Yes its exactly the same. I dont know how it works up in Canada but here they are pretty standard with a checking account. Money comes directly out of your checking account when you buy something. Or as Bull said if you are looking to build some credit a secure credit card, thats more like a prepay card, you give them X dollars they give you a credit limit of the same amount. Eventually as long as you pay your bill on time every month they will start to give you some additional credit. Good way to build some credit history
Thanks for this. I just found something very similar to this on my banks website and it sounds perfect for my situation. Ill go in on Monday and get one.
Thanks for this. I just found something very similar to this on my banks website and it sounds perfect for my situation. Ill go in on Monday and get one.
Do people in Canada really not have debit cards?
I have a Visa debit card
Do people in Canada really not have debit cards?
Debit cards here aren't logoed with Visa and Mastercard but are part of the interac system which is great. Merchants don't pay the high credit card fees on debit card purchases like on credit cards so will let you get some cash as well as the purchase without charging you anything.A secured credit card for sure will work for anybody with the money to put the security deposit down.
Debit cards here aren't logoed with Visa and Mastercard but are part of the interac system which is great. Merchants don't pay the high credit card fees on debit card purchases like on credit cards so will let you get some cash as well as the purchase without charging you anything.A secured credit card for sure will work for anybody with the money to put the security deposit down.
We Canadians can get the Visa/MC debit cards too, but they are not common. Usually we get either bank/ATM interac cards (i think the US is on Plus network?) or secured credit cards. And like someone said earlier, a year ago you could get a c/c no problem (no need to get a dept store card first, etc) but you'd pay outrageous interest if late, etc, but now, who knows. I'm not closing any credit cards these days, but zero balances are important. Debt is never good but right now it's a verrrrrrry bad thing...