Canadians And Firepay

I just got this email from Firepay and was wondering if others already knew this was happening. I am kind of curious why Firepay would block Canadians. Do they know something we don't?Effective February 21, 2007, FirePay (www.firepay.com) will no longer allow Canadian consumer payments to online gambling merchants. Effective February 28, 2007, FirePay (www.firepay.com) will no longer allow Canadian consumers to receive payments from online gambling merchants. All Canadian FirePay account holders will continue to be able to make purchases and receive payments from non-gambling online merchants, as well as to "Deposit From" and "Withdraw To" their Canadian bank account. Click here for a listing of non-gambling merchants that accept FirePay: http://www.firepay.com/_stores/default.asp For any questions regarding these deadlines or this policy, please email info@firepay.com. Sincerely, FirePay info@firepay.com

I just got this email from Firepay and was wondering if others already knew this was happening. I am kind of curious why Firepay would block Canadians. Do they know something we don't?Effective February 21, 2007, FirePay (www.firepay.com) will no longer allow Canadian consumer payments to online gambling merchants. Effective February 28, 2007, FirePay (www.firepay.com) will no longer allow Canadian consumers to receive payments from online gambling merchants. All Canadian FirePay account holders will continue to be able to make purchases and receive payments from non-gambling online merchants, as well as to "Deposit From" and "Withdraw To" their Canadian bank account. Click here for a listing of non-gambling merchants that accept FirePay: http://www.firepay.com/_stores/default.asp For any questions regarding these deadlines or this policy, please email info@firepay.com. Sincerely, FirePay info@firepay.com
I TOLD YOU ITS COMMING CANADIANS--NETELLER WILL SOON FOLLOW
I TOLD YOU ITS COMMING CANADIANS--NETELLER WILL SOON FOLLOW
God help us all. This isn't a USA vs Canada thing...it is a full attack on everyone who is an online poker player. Just insanity, pure and simple. Still praying that somehow this all just goes away.......... :club:

I received the same message.I can't understand why the company would take this position in regards to its Canadian customers. I've only used firepay a few times, and only did so during the period that I was having problems with my neteller account (I'm American and opened the neteller account when I lived in the US. It took multiple phone calls for neteller to accept the fact that I've lived in Canada for years and that the only bank account linked to my neteller account is Canadian).ANYWAY, this is absurd...do we need to start a poker player's residential community in Costa Rica or something?!?!?!?Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

yeah i emailed firepay inquiring about this but no response. this move by them makes absolutely no sense as online poker in canada IS legal and there is no movement of any kind to criminalize the activity. This is only going to cost them money in taking preventative action against something that will never become illegal in canada, as our freedoms arent violated like our friends' in the US.