Lifetime Tournament Fees Paid For The Big Name Pros

We do have buyin information for online events on thepokerdb. We generally keep it private though. I'm not here to spam for my site though, so I'll let a FCPer with subscribed access tell you about it.If you're referring to live events, no, that information isn't available anywhere.

I'm not here to spam for my site though,
orly? :)j/k. If its online players records you are curious about, the advanced version of Thepokerdb is the best resource. It will give you all the information you need on ROI, profit, buy-ins etc. Welcome to the forums Nat.
orly? :)j/k. If its online players records you are curious about, the advanced version of Thepokerdb is the best resource. It will give you all the information you need on ROI, profit, buy-ins etc. Welcome to the forums Nat.
Thanks Hoosier.And yes, as a general rule, I don't spam for my site(s). Obviously I've posted links or made announcements on various forums, but only when the context demanded it.For the most part, I'm just here to answer questions or respond to posts.
We do have buyin information for online events on thepokerdb. We generally keep it private though. I'm not here to spam for my site though, so I'll let a FCPer with subscribed access tell you about it.If you're referring to live events, no, that information isn't available anywhere.
Nah, I'm more interested to see the live stats. e.g. How much Allen Cunningham has spent on live buy ins lifetime and compare it to his winnings. or Men the Master, Phil Hellmuth, even other players that have played a lot of big buy in tournaments who may be losing money in the long run.

The big name pros don't cash every tourney they enter so only a vey small % of them make money on the tourney circut. Also, the live entry fees could be tracked because all of the pros that enter any tourney have their finish online. Just find the tourney list and add the fees up.

I was thinking about the same thing too the other day as to how much most pro's net overall after buy-ings spent , hotels etc.Remember too that buyins for live events will be off for the following reasons:1)Some of them qualify at the one table SNG's for the big events so the buy-in for a $10k event may only have cost them $1k-$4k depending how long it took them to get a seat.2) side deals and backers that players have with each other will impact their net. 3) events that are paid for them by sponsors.I'm sure its easy to estimate that many pro's spend $100k-$400k on buyings each year at the very minimum but depends if they do only WSOP events or combination of WSOP WPT EPT etc.I believe it was in Dan Harrington's book that I read that for most good pro's their expected Return on Investment on events is somewhere around 4-5 times so for each $10k they expect a return of $40-$50k and up to 8 times for WSOP events. It would be interesting to see if other pro's have found those numbers accurate for them with the larger fields nowadays.Hope that helps you but was a great question that I've thought about as well. :club:

I was thinking about the same thing too the other day as to how much most pro's net overall after buy-ings spent , hotels etc.Remember too that buyins for live events will be off for the following reasons:1)Some of them qualify at the one table SNG's for the big events so the buy-in for a $10k event may only have cost them $1k-$4k depending how long it took them to get a seat.2) side deals and backers that players have with each other will impact their net. 3) events that are paid for them by sponsors.I'm sure its easy to estimate that many pro's spend $100k-$400k on buyings each year at the very minimum but depends if they do only WSOP events or combination of WSOP WPT EPT etc.I believe it was in Dan Harrington's book that I read that for most good pro's their expected Return on Investment on events is somewhere around 4-5 times so for each $10k they expect a return of $40-$50k and up to 8 times for WSOP events. It would be interesting to see if other pro's have found those numbers accurate for them with the larger fields nowadays.Hope that helps you but was a great question that I've thought about as well. :club:
Thx, it helps a little bit. Best answer so far.
if anyone has an advanced subscription to thepokerdb, could you search "dubey8989" on stars and post my stats? I'd be interested to see my ROI, etc..
Est Winnings: $1,499 Total Played: 91Est Buyins: $882 ITM Rate: 18.7%Rake: $69 FT Rate: 3.3%Est Profit: $548 Top 3 Rate: 0.0%Avg. Finish: 42/100Avg. Buyin: $10Avg. Field Size: 1,193ROI: 57.6%Avg. Buyins Won: 2.835Avg. Expectation: $6Total TLB points (# included): 2,284 (23)k, no more - you like the full version, talk to Nat about ponying up for it.
Est Winnings: $1,499 Total Played: 91Est Buyins: $882 ITM Rate: 18.7%Rake: $69 FT Rate: 3.3%Est Profit: $548 Top 3 Rate: 0.0%Avg. Finish: 42/100Avg. Buyin: $10Avg. Field Size: 1,193ROI: 57.6%Avg. Buyins Won: 2.835Avg. Expectation: $6Total TLB points (# included): 2,284 (23)k, no more - you like the full version, talk to Nat about ponying up for it.
I can't find on pokerdb where to subscribe to the fuller version. Any pointers?

I would think that the sidegame action is what the pros target for profit at any major tournament and to cover any expenses they may occur. Are the big named pros not sponsored their travel, accomodation and general expenses and even their buy-ins for televised tournaments anyway?