Building A Bankroll

Meh. At the 'proper' stakes it would take longer to win $400 off a $100 deposit than to save up.Bonus whoring the online blackjack sites is probably also a viable option where someone could start with just $100 or $200. To me only having that as a BR is a waste of time, but we all started somewhere.
He could go and play either $1 or $5 sng's and turn $100 into $500 in anywhere from 1-3 months, as long as he doesn't go blow most of it in cash games a little out of his roll and have to go back and start over like someone I know.... :club: asf;jkha;kjfh'aofjkhajklfh'oiefhvalkfhafkh
He could go and play either $1 or $5 sng's and turn $100 into $500 in anywhere from 1-3 months, as long as he doesn't go blow most of it in cash games a little out of his roll and have to go back and start over like someone I know.... :club: asf;jkha;kjfh'aofjkhajklfh'oiefhvalkfhafkh
yeah, I would say play multiple $5 sit n go's, I dont know how anyone plays .5/.10 no limit. That s h i t is boring. $5 sit n go's get boring but at this stage, I would say it is your best bet.
Meh. At the 'proper' stakes it would take longer to win $400 off a $100 deposit than to save up.Bonus whoring the online blackjack sites is probably also a viable option where someone could start with just $100 or $200. To me only having that as a BR is a waste of time, but we all started somewhere.
And furthermore, I could save $1500/month easier than I could make it when I played 50c/$1 Limit.that's my point, it's all relative. So should I have skipped 50c/$1 Limits, even though I had never played before?You can't presume he can beat higher stakes, so let him earn his way there. It's just a re-curring theme, everyone has a different, albeit, just as arbitrary starting pointthis guy may not have much extra cash from his job each month.edit: ^^^^^ I sorta confusing there; but you get the point
And furthermore, I could save $1500/month easier than I could make it when I played 50c/$1 Limit.that's my point, it's all relative. So should I have skipped 50c/$1 Limits, even though I had never played before?You can't presume he can beat higher stakes, so let him earn his way there. It's just a re-curring theme, everyone has a different, albeit, just as arbitrary starting pointthis guy may not have much extra cash from his job each month.edit: ^^^^^ I sorta confusing there; but you get the point
Indeed, all relative. It of course can be gleaned from my posts that I'm not a patient person. When I started, I learned by playing $50 NL on Party. I've never played lower, thank god.