Borgata Friday 50,000 Guarantee

I'm thinking about this one or the $500 + $60 at 6 pm next Friday. The $500 gives $10k in chips instead of $6k for the $250. I'll decide Thursday night after playing the cash tables for a couple of days and seeing how much I want to invest.I'm going to check with a friend who plays them to see about past turnouts and, if I get the info, I'll come back and post it.

I spent the day there yesterday...great tourney. I didn't get there in time to play but I did play it over the holidaystypically has about 400 to 450 entrys, blinds start 25/50 30 minute levels starting stack is 6k. First place is typically 35k give or take. It starts at 12 PM and runs close to 12 hours.Side note is the Borgata has a 500 + 60 buy fridays at 6 pm that is also a good one.Great poker room. I had an oustanding 10/20 stud hi/lo Omaha hi/lo game yesterday. The game switches every half hour and the Omaha part was sooo soft. I bled away on stud a little bit ( due to sucking at it) but still walked +485.00 in 3 hours at the table.

Going rate in AC. The Trop is 100 +20 The taj friday at noon is 80+20

back in 04 i went there for a friday night tourney, it was 100 back then maybe with one rebuy not sure. I ended up splitting first place with one other guy. To this day its still my biggest cash which was 10k. Have not been back in a while but seems like the new poker room is awesome and the cash games are juicy. Been playing a ton of omaha high online and my game had gotten a lot better, do they have a str8 up pot limit omaha high game?

No and I ask everytime I get there. They seldom even run Omaha HI/LO without it being a rotation game. Well after midnight it will change to just Omaha...All in all still an outstanding place. There may be a few better rooms Vegas but none in AC.

I've played in the Friday night 500+60 before... you get excellent value as far as the amount of play you get, and the quality of play is at times surprisingly low. It's generally around 10-11 tables. Be forewarned however, that the final table tends to be a bunch of local grinders who just want to do an even chop around 5K apiece, and, if you don't want to, will just go into full on rock mode. I've never seen this one played to the wire. Still, it's probably the best weekly tournament offered in AC.