Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $26.70UTG+1: $49.40CO: $19.75Hero: $65.15SB: $36.60BB: $20.75Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 8 :club: 8 :icon_dance:3 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: 5 :icon_dance: Q :D 6 :icon_dance: ($3.75, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $3.25, BB calls.Turn: T :icon_dance: ($10.25, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: 2 :D ($10.25, 2 players)BB bets $9.5, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $9.5 returned to BB.Results:Final pot: $10.25Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $45.95UTG+1: $50.25CO: $27.95Button: $35.10SB: $24.65BB: $21.20Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A :icon_dance: T :)Hero raises to $1.75, 4 folds, BB calls.Flop: 7 :D 5 :D 7 :) ($3.75, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $3.25, BB calls.Turn: 6 :) ($10.25, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: 4 :icon_dance: ($10.25, 2 players)BB bets $10.25, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $10.25 returned to BB.Results:Final pot: $10.25In these situations its really hard for me to turn off that little voice in my head that starts screaming "call! he's bluffing!" Would firing 2 barrels before shutting down be a better line in either of these (probably moreso the first hand)?

2cents: Hero should've led with a pot sized bet on both turns, and made the villain pay to play poker as the hero did on both flops. Checking kept the villain in the hand (and he may have been pursuing a straight draw in both cases), let him know you had nothing, and tipped him off that he could blow you off the pot at the river (which he did), whether or not he got what he was looking for (though it appears he may have scored a 2-6 straight on the river in the 1st hand, maybe even a 4-8 or maybe even a 5-9 straight on the 2nd).Bet on the turn and make going to the river a risk for him. I betcha he folds at least one of those hands, if not both.

I think he had you beat on the 1st hand but the 2nd hand he had seen what you had been doing. Raising, continuation bet, check, check. He knows that you will probably check the turn if your continuation bet on the flop doesn't take down the pot which leaves him an opportunity to steal on the river.