whats a good bb to average for?

Ive been varyin 5-10 bb/hr now for a little bit..hows that compare with some of yall? i havent been playin limit for all that long. (though with yalls advice and help i am doing pretty good). should i expect to go more or just be happy that i havent been losing lately?

Yeah ditto what he said... 10 is real untypical after 20k hands or so... If you can keep up a bb/100 of 10 on multiple tables, or even one really, you've got something up your sleave lol.

Depending on the limits played, you should look for 1- 3 BBs per 100 hands . If you're doing more than that over 10,000 hands, you're crushing the game.

1 is real low, I actually get pretty mad when im averaging 2 as well... You can succesfully mantain a 2-3 bb/100 at anything under 3/6 depending on the site and at party.. it should be no problem.

1 is real low, I actually get pretty mad when im averaging 2 as well... You can succesfully mantain a 2-3 bb/100 at anything under 3/6 depending on the site and at party.. it should be no problem.1 definitely refers to higher limits as more pros enter play. In the micro-limits, and typical online game, I agree that 2BB is very feasable playing tight-aggressive, especially on the right table. We measure success in cash game by BB/100. To the new player, I believe they should first learn what it takes to not be a losing player. They need to read SSHE, and a few others to learn some fundamentals. They need to gain experience, learning to recognize situations that are optimal for profit. If they do this, they are ahead of a great majority of players. At this stage, I would say this player is doing fine simply staying even. Once they learn to play the game profitably, they can start focusing on what it takes to maximize profits. They need to learn what it takes to earn 1BB/100. When they reach this point, experience will play a large role in their profits. They shouldn't be discouraged because they are only clearing 1.6BB/100, but rather be optimistic that they are learning, and that earning 2BB consistantly is feasable as they continue to learn. What we make per 100 is relative to experience and proper application of the lessons learned with that experience. I think there comes a point in every player that has gone through this experience when they start to wonder, what more can I do? They start to flatline. This is the point when a noticeable drop in their rate becomes bothersome. If they normally make near 3BB, then only making 2.2BB over their past 10,000 hands starts to bother them. The frustration increases as they progress up in limits and find that it is increasingly difficult to make their previous standard. By the time they reach some of the midlimit games, they find that the rate they previously found disgusting is now terrific. The ratio of loosing players to winning players grows slimmer. What we make per 100 is relative to the skill of our opposition.