Maintaining Notes On Opponents

Hi there, I've been online for only about half-a-year, and I generally only play multi-table tournaments, and at relatively low buy-ins. Therefore, I see very many different opponents.Now, in 2 books I've read it is recommended that I "keep book" on opponents. In one case, it was a relatively simple classification of players as one of 5 or 6 "types" of player, and in the other book, it was suggested to accumulate a lot of detailed information per opponent played.My question for this forum is, do you think that such data collection would be worth it for me?Thanks in advance, and best regards.

Hi there, I've been online for only about half-a-year, and I generally only play multi-table tournaments, and at relatively low buy-ins. Therefore, I see very many different opponents.Now, in 2 books I've read it is recommended that I "keep book" on opponents. In one case, it was a relatively simple classification of players as one of 5 or 6 "types" of player, and in the other book, it was suggested to accumulate a lot of detailed information per opponent played.My question for this forum is, do you think that such data collection would be worth it for me?Thanks in advance, and best regards.
I think it is worth it. I generally take notes if the player does something weird. Like if the try to three bluff someone with nothing, i will note that they are willing to go broke on bluffs and things like this. It has never actually helped me becuase i haven't seen any of the players i have taken notes on, but i expect i will see them one day.

Yeah -- at a minimum, I think it is worth noting what players' raising standards are after you play a fair amount with them. And certainly note what a player will RR / Cap with post-flop. Do they RR with just a flush draw + overs? Do they RR with TPTK? Or does a RR always mean 2pr or better or even Set or better.

I just made a note on this guy about him talking trash, like he was saying 'fold buddy i got you' and then the other guy called and the first had nothing. so i noted that he talks smack with nothingeven if your not in the hand, notes are still a good idea

I always make notes on the following:

• Hands a player raises preflop with, the amount, and the posistion they're in.
  • What kind of hands they call value bets with.
  • Whether or not they'll call an all in with TPTK
  • If the hand is shown down, and there was strange play, I'll list the hand they hand.

I mostly just use PT but do note some things but it's hard when playing many tables.From the Supernova freerolls on Stars I've noted more than 700 who play these things and show them a bit more respect when they are at my table.